[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash / Quest report 15/5/14
Author Bash / Quest report 15/5/14
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 16-05-2014 01:41   
Not so much a Bash report as a brief note to say we had a quest instead tonight!!! Gaia opened up Sabretooth's underground dungeon under the Keep. Very few players again though - Matariki, Roc, Zedar and Royston that I recall went down, not sure if Folly did too. I had a great time running round killing imps, skeletons, prisoners, orcs and a few snakes - but nearly died escaping to the TR on single figures STA due to a nasty red cobra. Royston died DEAD due to a swarm of cockroaches, but came back. Toc and Matariki tried some Indiana Jones tactics to find some great weapons - a Claymore and Excalibur!!!!, but we failed in the quest itself as we did not free the princess, to be honest never even got close as we had 3 bits of the main puzzle and could not get the final one, which may (or may not) have lead to the final goal. Lots of good T though

A fun night - Thanks Gaia!

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 16-05-2014 01:42 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Toc
protector

Posted: 16-05-2014 12:10   
+1 on what kiwijock said.
And thanks to the wizz(es) who gave me a re-boost after I disconnected ! (Some idiots type qq by mistake..)

View Profile of Toc   Email Toc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 16-05-2014 13:07   
Thanks for the write-up, the quest, and the temporary boost so I could participate!
Lots of fun

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 16-05-2014 13:36 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-05-2014 15:54   
This is how it started......

*d
Cellar.
The door is locked shut. A very large roach (roach9) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach8) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach7) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach6) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach5) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach4) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach3) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach2) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach1) crawls before you. A very large roach (roach0) crawls before you.
*The large roach9 is rushing at you madly.
The large roach8 is coming at you menacingly...
The large roach7 is homing in on you furiously.
The large roach6 is rushing at you aggressively.
The large roach5 is homing in on you aggressively.
The large roach4 is approaching you furiously.
The large roach3 is advancing towards you venomously.
The large roach2 is advancing towards you madly.
The large roach1 is homing in on you furiously.
The large roach0 is approaching you threateningly.
*The large roach0 misses you.

And this is how it ended.....

*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Royston the sorcerer, killed by the large roach9, the large roach7, the large roach6, the large roach3, the large roach1 and the large roach0.

In my defence the stats bar at the top of the monitor (mudii client) froze and my stam showed 120 throughout

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 16-05-2014 15:55 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Posted: 16-05-2014 20:39   

What a way to go!

I wonder if the slipper works well on the roaches...

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 16-05-2014 20:42   
Quote:

On 16-05-2014 15:54, royston wrote:
In my defence the stats bar at the top of the monitor (mudii client) froze and my stam showed 120 throughout

That didn't seem a bit odd? Does your client update stamina straight away for hits? If not it's only reading FES (which is sent periodically by clients), so can't be trusted in a fast fight.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 16-05-2014 22:19   
Quote:

On 16-05-2014 20:42, Turrican wrote:
Quote:

On 16-05-2014 15:54, royston wrote:

That didn't seem a bit odd? Does your client update stamina straight away for hits? If not it's only reading FES (which is sent periodically by clients), so can't be trusted in a fast fight.

Normally it would update as a fight progresses but occasionally it just locks and stays like that. The only cure I have found is to log out of the game and come back in. On this occasion I was loath to do so as I was in a strange place. I should add that that the main display in the centre of the monitor where the fight progresses continues to function. It is only the status bar at the top of the screen that locks.

Also I have been getting a scary message when I first log in warning me about all sorts of dire cosequences if I continue and giving me a box to tick that I go on at my own risk.

I might go back to the Clio client.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 17-05-2014 10:23   
What client are you using now?

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-05-2014 16:14   
Quote:

On 17-05-2014 10:23, Gaia wrote:
What client are you using now?

I got a feeling that this should be on a different thread; but we seem to be going on here.

At the moment I am using what I believe is called simply 'MUDiiclient' which I discovered in the client section on this forum. But as I said I am reverting to Clio. It just means I will not be able to log my games.

I tried MUDlet on Hal's advice but did not get on with it.

This is the warning message I get when first logging on. Anyone else seen this?

Toc
protector

Posted: 18-05-2014 16:36   
Hi Royston,
I log using Clio (or Turrican's client) with no problem.
The default ini file installed for Clio includes logging I think..if not the batch file can be edited (I can cut and paste the info on how, here, if that'd help)

cheers

Toc

View Profile of Toc   Email Toc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 18-05-2014 17:14   
I used Clio a long time ago. I'm not sure I have a working copy on my current computer, though.

As far as logging goes, with Clio it's all or nothing. You either log your entire session, or none of it. You can't just switch logging on when you're about to get to the good parts, and have it turned off during the boring or repetitive parts.

At least that was the case the last time I used Clio, which was years ago.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 18-05-2014 20:13   
http://www.gammon.com.au/files/mushclient/MUSHclient_4.84.zip

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 18-05-2014 21:18   
Quote:

On 16-05-2014 22:19, royston wrote:
I might go back to the Clio client.

If it happens with multiple clients it might be a bug in mud that can be fixed, or you could look at bottom of screen instead.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.