Joined: Dec 04, 2012
From: Auckland, NZ
|Posted: 16-06-2014 01:46  |
Here is a list of quests I found in the internet archives of muddled times. Given the successful running of the ice palace recently I wonder how many of the others listed here are still available (I assume Dracula is what gets run in the evil wood at Halloween) ? Care to take a look Gaia or Heiach?
There are obviously others but I haven?t found them all yet What was the name of the one you ran a few weeks ago Gaia ? Set underneath the keep?
Each of these lists as follows:
- Danger Rating
Quest of the Elements
- Teleportation to "Mystical Crossroads"
- An incredibly atmospheric, puzzle-solving quest.
Designed for 1 player only of sorcerer or necromancer level.
School of Magic
- Hall of the Cottage
- A murder-mystery set in a deserted school of magic.
The Haunted Castle
- Story Books found in the Cottage and Inn
- *** - ****
- Explore the haunted castle to unlock its grisly secrets.
- Wardrobe in the Cottage
- *** - ****
- Wander the grounds and land surrounding a beautiful, enchanted Ice Palace solving the puzzles thrown your way.
Having magic is not a necessity.
- Via a balloon at the Ford
- Let the hot-air balloon take you to a strange greco-roman world.
- South Dale & Sundial in the pine forest
- Rescue the princess and return her to her father for a substantial prize.
- The stairs in the Cottage
- Overthrow the rebels to defend the honour of the wizzes, lots of treasure to be looted.
- North of the Mausoleum
- A crevice has opened up allowing access to the gremlin's secret realm.
It is a lot easier to enter the realm without magic.
There is a newbie version of this quest available.
Dunkton's Secret Tunnels
- The Mines
- Dunkton, a dwarf mining engineer, built a complex of tunnels all the way under the sea in search of a vast treasure chamber rumoured to be there, but well protected.
- Pine Forest
- The Manse deep in the pine forest belongs to a powerful Magus. Why is he there, where has he come from?
- The Evil Wood
- Explore the lair of Dracula.
The Immortal Mansion
- Dense forest near the swamp
- Wander around the residence of the Immortals to try and ascertain which room belongs to which wiz.
"there are things we do not know we don't know." - Someone must have been talking about MUD
[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 16-06-2014 01:48 ]
Joined: Jul 14, 2007
From: Felixstowe, Suffolk.
|Posted: 16-06-2014 11:03  |
You have done a tidy bit of research here Kiwi, congratulations. I would like to add my plea to those of Kiwi that we do more quests.
There is at least one other: where you enter through a closet in the Monks' Dormitory. It involves walking on lava flows. A quick death without taking precautions.
I believe the one that Gaia ran a few weeks ago was written by Sabretooth and is simply called Sabre's quest.
Dracula's mansion does appear regularly on Halloween. There are some very valuable paintings here which could be swamped if only I could get them off the walls. I try each year getting more and more players to help and each year I fail. It's a bit like trying to move the piano at the Inn. No matter how much help I get I cannot shift it. I have it on very high and powerful authority that behind the piano is a secret staircase that leads to Rooms 17, 18 and 19.
Joined: Aug 02, 2012
|Posted: 17-06-2014 00:17  |
Nice research Kiwi! Those look like they'd be fun. I've only ever tried the Ice Palace quest - a long time ago. I believe we didn't get a chance to finish it.
Joined: Mar 05, 2002
|Posted: 09-10-2018 04:48  |
I miss those. My favorite was always the Haunted castle quest. Great spooky atmosphere of a haunted Scottish castle.