[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 9/10/2014 + (yes +)
Author Bash Report 9/10/2014 + (yes +)
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 10-10-2014 00:30   
You feel as if a tremendous evil has been rid from The Land! No pawns of
darkness sully it with their presence. The relief of generations of souls
floods through your being!
(+3,000 = 11,009).

It is a very long time since I saw those magic words, and to be honest I didnt think I was going to see them tonight. What a tale there is to tell my friends...............

The tea room was looking its usual deserted self as the clock moved relentlessly towards 9pm. Only (Mr Tearoom) Ahti (Warlock) and Floyd (Necro) were present. When a wiz reset was initied with 15 minutes to go we knew it was actually going to start this week - which was, I admit a promising start. Soon Beetroot (Warlock) arrived and was happy that at least Floyd was going to be bashing. It was good to see a high life bashing - not a name i recognised, only seen on the top 10 board recently - but I was happy.

We got started and Beetroot beet me to the dagger, cape, cc, easy wafers and pointers - okay so he knew what he was doing.......(or did he....we shall see, and you can make your own decision). We had agreed to head off and do our own things then meet up later for the harder stuff - fairly standard sort of approach when there are few around. Soon I got the message

Beetroot the warlock tells you "setting up pillar for us"

Soon to be followed by
Beetroot the legend tells you "ok that was a bad move lol".
Beetroot the legend tells you "unblind me please?"

After a little help and a visit to the touchstone we continued with the pillar.

Floyd headed off to do the bees, snakes and North Mtn, well to be honest and anything else that got in the way, soon proudly sporting the title of "dragonfly slaying", little knowing dear readers that this might have been a bad portent of things to come. While finishing off up north eetroot called out for assistance with a skeleton down by the river, but I had to leave him top look after that - which it soudned like he did with great gusto

A female voice in the distance shouts "take that you stoopid skellington!!!!!
A female voice in the distance shouts "spank!

to be honest I only just noticed that was a female voice!

Anyway Floyd then went on a rat extermination trip underneath the cottage, leaving with the required item, but having to leave behind one stubborn rat that wouldnt leave the cellar, which Beetroot cleared up later, having been thru the goblins.Finding a boat FLoyd set off to do what he had done many time before...

Seeing the dragon just to the northeast Floyd set forth but...

The dragon is looking at you menacingly...
The dragon is fighting at the moment and in no mood to be fed...

soon to be followed by

HAWUMPH! The dragon incinerates you with its fiery breath.
Not updating persona.

Personally I think it was a case of mistaken identity

Back in the tearoom as a total novice Floyd headed out again looking for revenge, and with Beetroot's assistance found a boat, and was soon back out on that verdammt island. This time it all went to plan, and Floyd returned to the mainland to dispatch the wolf, blow up a door, get wet, and oh yes kill stuff, including a zombie that looked oddly familiar! Soon at swordsman, and carrying the LS it seemed like a good time to try to run that hedgehog I bailed out and took some reasonable points as i think i was running out of time.

Beetroot suggested we go for the icons and even got Ahti out of the tea room to assist. After dispatching the Guardian we had to med again...

Beetroot the warlock tells you "bloody hell i left icons there"

Ahti and Beetroot must have been feeling sorry and Floyd was allowed all four!

Floyd was now at Hero <g>

but then:

A female voice in the distance shouts "don't think we will do it and i sort of need to go work - so kit in hut and good night all"

There were 41 left at this point with 8 minutes - it seemd like a reasonable assumption - whatever - but I was thinking "what a piker!". Still I was quite happy to pick up the cape. Only needing 900 more pts to get to Superhero I headed off to the dwarfs, and was soon hacking my thru them. It looked like someone had been there before me though, I wonder who it could have been, and why they didnt finish the job off properly?

sv
30 alive, 265 dead.

reset
Time-stamp: 22:42:31 on 9-OCT-2014.
This is reset 67872, using slot 0.
An auto-reset will be initiated in approximately 3 minutes.

This is - as they say - when strange things began happening.......

For your information: there are 25 mobiles still alive.
sv
23 alive, 272 dead.
sv
15 alive, 280 dead.
Auto-reset initiated, you have 590 seconds to finish up. No further warnings

Someone very powerful tells you "you can do this!

Who was I to refuse?

Anyway - the last few mobs were banshee, ghoul, vampire, and zombie8 who had somehow escaped the earlier carnage.

After receiving the 3K bonus and on returning to the tearoom it was a pleasant surprse to be greeted by none other than Hawumph - I guess it was a 25% chance after all with someone powerfull around. Many Thanks H for the gartuitous use of the fodding towrds the end there it made a big difference. After only a few coups of tea I realised that H had also been playing as Beetroot!!! hence my earlier comment about mistaken identity. You are out of practice playing as a Mortal, Mr Hawumph, as you freely admitted yourself, and was apparent (as descibed above). I strongly urge you to do this more often - it is good for you - and was a pleasure to see you in the game and enjoying it. And as you suggested I do a write up I presumed you also wanted an honest one too!

All are welcome at next weeks bash when you never know who may turn up - it won't be Beetroot though - that persona is being retired apparently.

Excuse typos - when i fix them the whole things disappears - not sure what is going on inforum

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 10-10-2014 00:33 ]

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 10-10-2014 00:33 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 10-10-2014 07:52   
Nice write-up Kiwi.

And congratulations on your "miraculous" recovery from a near-death (OK, a death) experience.

I suspect it was less "lack of practice" and more the imbibing of Mr. Henry Weston's fine apple based beverages that caused me a few issues.

A good laugh though, thanks.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 10-10-2014 07:57   
I must admit I did wonder if alcohol may have been involved . Most of my mudding often is, but bashes are ALWAYS played sober, due to them being just after breakfast out here!

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 10-10-2014 18:53   
Mmmm... Mr. Henry Weston's fine apple based beverages.

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 10-10-2014 18:58   
The VINTAGE to be precise.

Fab stuff but at 8.2% definitely what might be termed a handicap when bashing

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 10-10-2014 19:03   
Well that's bizarre, my reply didn't post. And I've not even started on the cider yet.

[ This Message was edited by: Folly on 10-10-2014 19:05 ]

Folly
pioneer

Posted: 10-10-2014 19:04   

kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 10-10-2014 20:45   
Sounds like same issue I had editing the original

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 12-10-2014 00:52   
Quote:

On 10-10-2014 00:30, kiwijock wrote:
Excuse typos - when i fix them the whole things disappears - not sure what is going on inforum

Quote:

On 10-10-2014 19:03, Folly wrote:
Well that's bizarre, my reply didn't post. And I've not even started on the cider yet.

What goes wrong and when?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 12-10-2014 06:53   
When I try to edit the original entry in this topic I correct the typos, then when I submit the entire text disappears leaving a totally blank entry

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 12-10-2014 19:50   
Quote:

On 12-10-2014 06:53, kiwijock wrote:
When I try to edit the original entry in this topic I correct the typos, then when I submit the entire text disappears leaving a totally blank entry

But it says you edited it twice, how did you do that?

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 12-10-2014 20:32   
when I saw it was blank I went back in and pasted the original back. So I presume 1 edit blanked it - and the second edit was the reposting

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 12-10-2014 20:32 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.