[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Game Suggestions » » someone is about to attack you
Author someone is about to attack you
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 31-07-2002 19:57   
Is it possible for players to change the color of certain text in the game to suit them?.. I know tells can be changed (forgot how tho). I find that the "someone is about to attack you" message isn't bold enough, I almost always miss it.

[ This Message was edited by: Heiach on 12-05-2006 18:48 ]

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 31-07-2002 20:39   
Quote:

On 31-07-2002 19:57, Heiach wrote:
Is it possible for players to change the color of certain text in the game to suit them?.. I know tells can be changed (forgot how tho). I find that the "someone is about to attack you" message isn't bold enough, I almost always miss it.

At the option: prompt use:

/ASyM19

to colour the attack messages a disgustingly unmissible yellow on magenta.

Use /AH for more details.

This will not work if you are using Clio or another client which uses MUDFREND mode. You'll need to be using a standard telnet client.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 16-09-2003 11:43   
Not sure whether this is related to topic or not but:

I am having problems changing the colour of my illusions.

Is there a correct syntax to use when casting an illusion spell to enable a mortal caster to define the colour as they appear on other peoples screens?

I use Clio and it "appears" that my illusions appear in a "Narnia, this is an obvious illusion white", always.

Also is there a help or defn command that can shed light on how to use spells in general, in terms of syntax; the invis obj being one in particular.

^.^

[ This Message was edited by: gothik on 16-09-2003 16:55 ]

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 16-09-2003 22:27   
Quote:

On 16-09-2003 11:43, Gothik wrote:
I am having problems changing the colour of my illusions.

Is there a correct syntax to use when casting an illusion spell to enable a mortal caster to define the colour as they appear on other peoples screens?

I don't think you can change the colour, I'm afraid.

Quote:

I use Clio and it "appears" that my illusions appear in a "Narnia, this is an obvious illusion white", always.

They will do. They'll look like that to everyone else too, no matter which client they are using.

MUD2 doesn't supply any colour codes for illusions, so the client can't colour them.

[ This Message was edited by: Tabitha on 16-09-2003 22:27 ]

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 17-09-2003 08:42   
Thanks Tabitha, youve probably saved me a lot of time trying to guess syntaxes for how to colour illusions.

On a seperate note, do people think the idea of introducing maybe a mage level spell, enabling coloured illusions maybe called "superillusion" (that did no physical damage), would upset the balance of the game?

[ This Message was edited by: gothik on 17-09-2003 08:45 ]

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 25-10-2003 12:27   
I believe the illusion spell is very useful, especially if you know what things you can "fake" that are normally in white text anyway.

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 28-10-2003 16:03   
Really not though, because it always says, "an illusion of.... blah blah blah" at the beginning. :-( Maybe useful for wizzes.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 29-10-2003 12:23   
Oh fiddlesticks,

Does that "you see here an illusion of" or whatever it says text appear on the castees as well as casters screen? there goes all my plans in a puff of logic

(thinks is castee even a proper word...)

^.^

[ This Message was edited by: Gothik on 29-10-2003 12:24 ]

Azrael
Wizard

Posted: 29-10-2003 18:32   
The "An illusion of..." text appears only as feedback to the caster.

View Profile of Azrael      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 30-10-2003 14:17   
Ahah..

prays for illusions in that nice crimson red..

Illusion

Gothik the sorceror hits you with the longsword (2/120)

sighs, guess its not going to happen, will have to see what turns up normally in white text..

^.^

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 03-11-2003 19:00   
Holy poo! 5 years playing and I never realised the fun that could be...

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.