[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » A Look Back
Author A Look Back
kaif
cleric

Joined: Aug 02, 2012
Posts: 141
Posted: 18-09-2018 06:52   
There have been lots of fights over the years - here are some of the wins and close calls. There were deaths too, but these are some of the wins and escapes.

They've been edited a bit for the sake of brevity and in an attempt to not give away any special tactics or secrets.

Thanks to Seifer, Po, Buffy, Mezcal, Killua and assorted others for the exciting times; I learned a lot from all of you.

Rebel

The close calls:
Mage fight

*Someone hits you (52/120).
You hit someone (10-14).
*Someone hits you (44/120).
You miss someone.
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
*Someone misses you.
You hit someone (10-14).
*Someone hits you (32/120).
You miss someone.
You hit someone (5-9).
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
*Someone hits you (21/120).
You miss someone.
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*Someone hits you (7/120).
You hit someone (10-14).
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
<fled>

Entrance to badger's sett.
(*)Someone is about to attack you.
(*)You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
(*)You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
(*)Someone hits you (57/120).
You hit someone (5-9).
Someone hits you (44/120).
Someone is about to attack you.
(*)use wp
You are now using the staff0 to fight!
(*)Someone misses you.
You hit someone (1-4).
(*)Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
(*) <tried a steal>
You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone notices your attempt to steal something...
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*Someone hits you (35/120).
You hit someone (15-19).
Someone hits you (24/120).
Someone hits you (10/120).

A flee and resite followed but something else was already camping in that spot:
Dense forest.
Before you stands a magnificent ram.
The power of the magic has put you to sleep!

*You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 11.
The ram hits you (6/120).
You hit the ram (5-9).
The ram looks fit.
*qq
You can't quit in the middle of a fight! Flee first!
*f o
You have fled by going out.

-----

Mcnasty the warlock vs Bluestone the necromancer

*Someone is about to attack you.
*Someone misses you.
You hit someone (7).
*vis foe
Your spell doesn't work.
*ql
Dense forest.
*Someone hits you (105/120).
You miss someone.
*use wp
You are now using the sceptre to fight!
*vis foe
Your spell worked!
Mcnasty the warlock has regained his visibleness!
*Mcnasty the warlock misses you.
You hit Mcnasty the warlock (18).
Mcnasty the warlock looks superficially injured.
*Mcnasty the warlock makes some magical gestures.
Mcnasty the warlock fades from view.
*ql
Dense forest.
*i
You are carrying the following:
the umbrella, the baton, the firestone1, the parasol0 and the
sceptre.
Weight carried: 9kg 190g/100kg.
Objects carried: 5/12.
*vis foe
Your spell worked!
Mcnasty the warlock has regained his visibleness!
*Mcnasty the warlock hits you (98/120).
You miss Mcnasty the warlock.
*Mcnasty the warlock makes some magical gestures.
Mcnasty the warlock fades from view.
*ql foe
I don't know to what "foe" you're referring.
*Someone misses you.
You hit someone (7).
*Someone hits you (96/120).
You hit someone (20).
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
*blind mcnasty
Your spell worked!
Someone has gone blind!
*Someone has started to use something to fight!
*vis foe.ql
Your spell doesn't work.
*Dense forest.
*Someone hits you (92/120).
You miss someone.
*vis foe
Your spell is cast, but it cost your remaining magic!
You are now Balderdash the guardian.
Your spell doesn't work. Wait until you're a sorcerer...
*Someone hits you (84/120).
You miss someone.
*Your magical dexterity has worn off.
<fled>
*(-1,563 = 33,232).
You have fled by going north.
Ford across river.
It is raining.
*Badly-paved road.
It is raining. The door is open.
*There's not enough room in there for you.
*s
There's not enough room in there for you.
*w.e
Badly-paved road.
It is raining.
*Badly-paved road.
It is raining. The door is open.
*w.w.s.e
Badly-paved road.
It is raining.
*Badly-paved road.
It is raining.
*Foothills.
It is raining.
*Briar patch.
It is raining. Before you stands a magnificent ram.
*ne
Your way is blocked by the ram.
*ne
Badly-paved road.
It is raining. The door is open.
*ne
Stable.
Standing in one corner of the stable is an old, blacksmith's anvil. A
gaily-coloured decorative ribbon lies strewn on the floor.
*ne
Bank of river.
It is raining.
*ne
ne
Bank of river.
It is raining.
*Bank of river.
It is raining.
*ne
Bank of river.
It is raining. The great gate is closed.
*An animated skeleton (skeleton1) bars your way.
The skeleton1 is snarling at you menacingly...
*n;;
You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*The skeleton1 hits you (73/120).
You hit the skeleton1 (1-4).
The skeleton1 looks strong.
*The skeleton1 hits you (68/120).
You miss the skeleton1.
<fled from the skeleton>
*You cannot move that way for the tall hedge.
(-1,493 = 31,739).
*w.w
You cannot move that way for the tall hedge.
*You cannot move that way for the tall hedge.
*dr cc
Coracle dropped.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
The skeleton1 is snarling at you venomously.
*Someone has started to use something to fight!
*sw.w
You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*You have suddenly and magically become crippled!
*The skeleton1 hits you (63/120).
You hit the skeleton1 (1-4).
The skeleton1 looks strong.
Someone hits you (53/120).
You hit someone (8).
*f o
You can't move, you're crippled!
(-1,427 = 30,312).
Sceptre dropped.
Parasol0 dropped.
Firestone1 dropped.
Umbrella dropped.
You have fled by trying to go out.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*qq
You can't quit in the middle of a fight! Flee first!
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You hit someone (18).
You hit someone (10).
*f o.qq
You can't move, you're crippled!
(-1,363 = 28,949).
You have fled by trying to go out.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*You can't quit in the middle of a fight! Flee first!
*Someone hits you (38/120).
You hit someone (7).
You hit someone (11).
*f o.qq
You can't move, you're crippled!
(-1,303 = 27,646).
You have fled by trying to go out.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*You can't quit in the middle of a fight! Flee first!
*You can't move, you're crippled!
(-1,245 = 26,401).
You have fled by trying to go out.
*Cheerio!

-----

Gendry the warlock vs Zephyrus the necromancer

*qu
*Zephyrus the dragon-slaying necromancer
*You hit the dwarf22 (10-14).
The dwarf22 looks seriously injured.
The dwarf22 misses you.
*Gendry the warlock has suddenly become visible!
*l foe
The female dwarf31 looks to have minor injuries, and is holding the
following:
nothing.
The dwarf22 looks seriously injured, and is holding the following:
the poker.
*qu
Gendry the warlock
Zephyrus the dragon-slaying necromancer
*You miss the dwarf22.
The dwarf22 misses you.
You miss the female dwarf31.
The female dwarf31 misses you.
*Gendry the warlock is approaching you ferociously.
*Gendry the warlock has started to use the staff0 to fight!
*Gendry the warlock misses you.
You miss Gendry the warlock.
You miss the dwarf22.
The dwarf22 hits you (117/120).
*use va
You're using Valetant anyway...
Your guard drops momentarily in your confusion.
*Gendry the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*Gendry the warlock makes some magical gestures.
Gendry the warlock fades from view.
*Someone hits you (114/120).
You hit someone (19).
Someone hits you (102/120).
*You miss the dwarf22.
The dwarf22 hits you (95/120).
You miss the female dwarf31.
The female dwarf31 misses you.
*vis foe
Your spell worked!
Gendry the warlock has regained his visibleness!
*You miss the dwarf22.
The dwarf22 misses you.
You hit the female dwarf31 (1-4).
The female dwarf31 looks covered in wounds.
The female dwarf31 hits you (89/120).
*You hit the female dwarf31 (10-14).
The female dwarf31 looks critically injured.
The female dwarf31 misses you.
The female dwarf31 offers to withdraw from your fight if you do likewise.
*Gendry the warlock has tried to steal your pouch0...
*Gendry the warlock hits you (85/120).
You miss Gendry the warlock.
You hit Gendry the warlock (21).
Gendry the warlock looks covered in wounds.
You hit Gendry the warlock (11).
Gendry the warlock looks seriously injured.
You miss Gendry the warlock.
You hit Gendry the warlock (10).
Gendry the warlock looks seriously injured.
You miss Gendry the warlock.
You miss Gendry the warlock.
You hit Gendry the warlock (19).
Gendry the warlock looks critically injured.
You hit Gendry the warlock (22).
You have killed Gendry the warlock.


Po the mage vs Bluestone the necromancer – consensual fight

*ql
Cave.
An evil, black rat (rat2) bares its razor-sharp incisors at you. There is a
female dwarf (dwarf35) here. A large, evil, black rat (rat0) bares its
razor-sharp incisors at you. A stocky dwarf (dwarf21) eyes you up and down
with suspicion. A golden ciborium lies on the floor.
Po the mischevious mage is here carrying an opened, empty vial1, a scarab
and a pick1.
The rat2 is fighting Po the mischevious mage.
*The large rat0 misses you.
You miss the large rat0.
Po the mischevious mage misses you.
You miss Po the mischevious mage.
*You hear a grinding noise, as the rat2 hits Po the mischevious mage.
You hear a slicing sound, as Po the mischevious mage hits the rat2 with her
pick1.
The female dwarf35 misses you.
You miss the female dwarf35.
The large rat0 hits you (64/120).
You miss the large rat0.
The dwarf21 misses you.
You hit the dwarf21 (5-9).
The dwarf21 looks close to death.
*ql po
Po the mischevious mage looks critically injured.
*The dwarf21 misses you.
You miss the dwarf21.
Po the mischevious mage hits you (49/120).
You hit Po the mischevious mage (13).
Po the mischevious mage looks close to death.
*Po the mischevious mage makes some magical gestures.
*Po the mischevious mage has fled by going east.
You can fight her no longer.
----

Nymphadora the mage vs Bluestone the necromancer

Before idol.
*Someone notices your attempt to steal something...
*Someone is about to attack you.
*You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
*You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
*You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*Worship in these parts is normally conducted at idols.
*Someone hits you (115/120).
You miss someone.
Someone hits you (100/120).
Someone misses you.
*use wp
You are now using the staff0 to fight!
*Someone hits you (85/120).
You miss someone.
*vis foe
Your spell doesn't work.
*ql foe
I don't know to what "foe" you're referring.
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
*ql
Before idol.
*ql wp
The staff0 looks to be in good condition.
*Someone hits you (74/120).
You miss someone.
*Someone misses you.
You hit someone (18).
*rp wp
Your spell worked!
The staff0 is magically repaired!
*vis foe
Your spell worked!
Nymphadora the mage has regained his visibleness!
*Nymphadora the mage misses you.
You miss Nymphadora the mage.
*Nymphadora the mage makes some magical gestures.
Nymphadora the mage fades from view.
*ql foe
I don't know to what "foe" you're referring.
*Someone hits you (66/120).
You hit someone (16).
*Someone hits you (60/120).
You miss someone.
*You have fallen into a magically-induced sleep...
*qs
You can't wake yourself up yet!
*You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 60.
Someone hits you (56/120).
You miss someone.
*qs
Bluestone the necromancess
eff str 84 eff dex 93 sta 56/120 mag 9 pts 44,018 gam
118
*Someone misses you.
You hit someone (8).
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
*Someone hits you (42/120).
You hit someone (1).
*You have suddenly and magically become crippled!
*<tried to flee>
*You can't move, you're crippled!
(-1,972 = 42,046).
You have fled by trying to go north.
*Nothing taken.
*Worship in these parts is normally conducted at idols.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*uncri
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your ability to walk!
*Someone hits you (39/120).
You hit someone (3).
*You have suddenly and magically become crippled!
*<tried another flee>
You cannot go over from here.
(-1,885 = 40,161).
You have fled by trying to go over.
*Someone is about to attack you.
*Nothing taken.
*Your spell works, but can't extricate you from a fight.
The power of the magic has put you to sleep!
*You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 40.
Someone hits you (38/120).
You hit someone (3).
You hit someone (2).
You hit someone (10).
*<another flee>
You cannot go over from here.
(-1,801 = 38,360).
You have fled by trying to go over.
*Nothing taken.
*Your spell is cast, but it cost your remaining magic!
You are now Bluestone the guardienne.
Your spell works!
Crypt beneath church.

Akame the necromancer vs Bluestone the sorcerer

*qw
Zane the wizard
Akame the necromancer
Bluestone the sorcerer
Ahti the sorcerer
*A vampire materialises before you...
The vampire is looking at you fiercely.
*Akame the necromancer has just arrived.
*Akame the necromancer moves in on you with the axe0.
*n
You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
*Akame the necromancer hits you (111/116).
You miss Akame the necromancer.
The vampire misses you.
You hit the vampire (10-14).
The vampire looks strong.
The vampire makes some magical gestures.
The vampire emits a bright blue flash of light.
The vampire has started to use the unlit brand7 to fight!
*use wp
You are now using the dagger0 to fight!
*The vampire misses you.
You hit the vampire (1-4).
The vampire looks strong.
The vampire makes some magical gestures.
*Akame the necromancer has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*blind foe
The vampire sees partly by magic, and cannot be blinded.
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You have suddenly and magically gone blind!
*blind foe
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You were blind anyway...
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You were blind anyway...
*Someone is about to attack you.
*blind foe
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You were blind anyway...
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You were blind anyway...
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You were blind anyway...
*Someone hits you (105/116).
You miss someone.
Someone hits you (97/116).
You hit someone (7).
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
Someone hits you (80/116).
You hit someone (5-9).
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your sight!
*Someone hits you (71/116).
You miss someone.
You hit someone (12).
The vampire misses you.
You hit the vampire (1-4).
The vampire looks superficially damaged.
The vampire makes some magical gestures.
*eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+1 = 14,396).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 101.
*The wraith hits you (92/116).
You miss the wraith.
Someone hits you (80/116).
You miss someone.
*ql foe
The wraith looks full of energy.
The vampire looks strong.
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You weren't blind anyway...
*The wraith misses you.
You miss the wraith.
*eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 14,398).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 116.
*Someone hits you (112/116).
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
The vampire misses you.
You miss the vampire.

(three against one – figured it was time to retreat)

Akame then came after me where I was holed up.

*wh akame
1 in the place known as "rotting room".
*qw
Akame the necromancer
Bluestone the sorcerer
Ahti the sorcerer
*o.k akame f wp
Rotting room.
Akame the necromancer is here wearing a cape, and carrying a pick0, a
firestone0 and a wafer7.
The ghoul is fighting Akame the necromancer.
*You attack Akame the necromancer, using the dagger0 as a weapon.
Akame the necromancer is using the pick0 to fight at the moment.
*You miss Akame the necromancer.
Akame the necromancer misses you.
You hear sinews tearing, as the ghoul hits Akame the necromancer with his
axe0.
You hear a dull thud, as Akame the necromancer hits the ghoul with his pick0.
The ghoul advances towards you, wielding the axe.
*Akame the necromancer has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*rpw p
I don't know the word "rpw".
*The ghoul hits you (98/120).
You hit the ghoul (15-19).
The ghoul looks close to expiry.
*qw
Akame the necromancer
Bluestone the sorcerer
Ahti the sorcerer
*eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+3 = 13,195).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 120.
*You miss Akame the necromancer.
Akame the necromancer misses you.
You miss Akame the necromancer.
*Akame the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*The ghoul hits you (119/120).
You hit the ghoul (5-9).
You have killed the ghoul.
(+54 = 13,249).
An old, woodsman's axe has been left within reach.
The ghoul has just passed on.
*Akame the necromancer has stolen the cardboard box0 from you!
*You hit Akame the necromancer (3).
Akame the necromancer looks covered in wounds.
Akame the necromancer misses you.
You hit Akame the necromancer (24).
Akame the necromancer looks critically injured.
You miss Akame the necromancer.
*Akame the necromancer has eaten a mandrake0.
*You hit Akame the necromancer (9).
Akame the necromancer looks critically injured.
Akame the necromancer hits you (117/120).
*Akame the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
Akame the necromancer emits a bright magenta flash of light.
*eat a wf
I don't know to what "wafer" you're referring.
*Akame the necromancer has eaten a wafer2.
Akame the necromancer has eaten a wafer7.
*rpw p
I don't know the word "rpw".
*qw
Akame the necromancer
Bluestone the sorcerer
Ahti the sorcerer
*Akame the necromancer has removed the mandrake1 from the cardboard box0.
*rp wp
Your spell worked!
The dagger0 is magically repaired!
*You hit Akame the necromancer (6).
Akame the necromancer looks to have minor injuries.
Akame the necromancer misses you.
*An open, sturdy cardboard box stands here.
*Akame the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
Akame the necromancer has become crippled!
*Akame the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
Akame the necromancer fades from view.
*blind foe
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You have suddenly and magically gone blind!
*You miss someone.
Someone hits you (106/120).
*You hit someone (8).
Someone hits you (89/120).
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your sight!
*qw
Bluestone the sorcerer
Ahti the sorcerer
*vis foe
Your spell worked!
Akame the necromancer has regained his visibleness!
*Akame the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
You have suddenly and magically gone blind!
*You hit someone (22).
Someone hits you (78/120).
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your sight!
*You hit Akame the necromancer (15).
Akame the necromancer looks critically injured.
Akame the necromancer misses you.
*Akame the necromancer looks quickly at you.
*ql foe
Akame the necromancer looks critically injured.
*You hit Akame the necromancer (21).
You have killed Akame the necromancer.
(+5,817 = 19,066).
A distorted mandrake root lies here.
A smallish, woodworm-riddled pickaxe has been dropped here.
A beautiful, iridescent firestone (firestone0) glows nearby.
Strewn before you is a gothic-looking, oppressively black cape.
Akame the necromancer has copped his clogs.
In the distance, you hear a bell toll.

----

Meg the superheroine vs Peanut the warlock

*Cave.
*Rapids.
It is raining.
*You are waylaid in a treacherous swamp.
It is raining.
Peanut the warlock is here wearing a ring3 and a cape, and carrying a clove
of garlic, Valetant, a firestone3 and a cardboard box1.
*qn
All these fumes, you can't really see far through them...
*k tt f wp
You attack Peanut the warlock, using the longsword as a weapon.
*A male voice in the distance cheers.
*You miss Peanut the warlock.
Peanut the warlock misses you.
*Peanut the warlock has started to use Valetant to fight!
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
Peanut the warlock fades from view.
*You hit someone (4).
Someone hits you (97/110).
*blow blood
You blow on the fine powdered dragonblood, and it billows into the air...
Peanut the warlock has regained his visibleness!
*You hit Peanut the warlock (27).
Peanut the warlock looks seriously injured.
Peanut the warlock misses you.
*Peanut the warlock shrugs.
*ql
You are waylaid in a treacherous swamp.
It is raining.
Peanut the warlock is here wearing a ring3 and a cape, and carrying a clove
of garlic, Valetant, a firestone3 and a cardboard box1.
*You miss Peanut the warlock.
Peanut the warlock misses you.
*l foe
Peanut the warlock looks covered in wounds, and is wearing the following:
the ring3 and the cape.
Peanut the warlock is also holding:
the clove of garlic, Valetant, the firestone3 and the cardboard box1.
You can't see inside the cardboard box1.
*qw
Havoc the warlock
Peanut the warlock
Kennymck the necromancer
Meg the superheroine
*You hit Peanut the warlock (3).
Peanut the warlock looks seriously injured.
Peanut the warlock hits you (93/110).
*Peanut the warlock has removed the ring6 from the cardboard box1.
*<tried a steal>
You reach for the cardboard box1, but it leaves you more exposed in your
fight...
Peanut the warlock notices your attempt to steal his cardboard box1...
*Peanut the warlock puts on the ring6.
*You miss Peanut the warlock.
Peanut the warlock hits you (78/110).
Peanut the warlock hits you (67/110).
*You miss Peanut the warlock.
Peanut the warlock misses you.
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*l foe
Peanut the warlock looks covered in wounds, and is wearing the following:
2 finger rings and the cape.
Peanut the warlock is also holding:
the clove of garlic, Valetant, the firestone3 and the cardboard box1.
You can't see inside the cardboard box1.
*qw
Havoc the warlock
Peanut the warlock
Kennymck the necromancer
Meg the superheroine
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*You hit Peanut the warlock (18).
Peanut the warlock looks seriously injured.
Peanut the warlock misses you.
*You hit Peanut the warlock (4).
Peanut the warlock looks critically injured.
Peanut the warlock hits you (55/110).
*You hit Peanut the warlock (18).
Peanut the warlock looks close to death.
Peanut the warlock hits you (41/110).
*You hit Peanut the warlock (26).
You have killed Peanut the warlock.
You have changed experience level from superheroine to guardienne.
(+16,576 = 27,574).
There is a ring6 here.
The ring6 sinks...
There is a clove of garlic here.
The clove of garlic sinks...
There is Valetant here.
Valetant sinks...
There is a ring3 here.
The ring3 sinks...
There is a firestone3 here.
The firestone3 sinks...
There is a cape here.
The cape sinks...
There is a cardboard box1 here.
The cardboard box1 sinks...
Peanut the warlock has copped his clogs.
In the distance, you hear a bell toll.

---
Ember the warlock Vs. Peanut the warlock

<tried a steal before fighting but Peanut was quick>
(*)Gorse.
It is raining. A stocky dwarf (dwarf18) eyes you up and down with suspicion.
(*)Someone is about to attack you.
(*)You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
(*)You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
(*)You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone doesn't notice your unsuccessful attempt to steal something...
(*)You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone notices your attempt to steal something...
(*)You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
(*)You can't just leave in the middle of a fight! You have to flee!
(*)Someone misses you.
You hit someone (15-19).
Someone misses you.
Someone misses you.
Someone hits you (108/120).
The dwarf18 is advancing towards you menacingly...
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*use wp
You are now using the dagger0 to fight!
*The dwarf18 hits you (96/120).
You hit the dwarf18 (5-9).
The dwarf18 looks fit.
*Someone laughs.
*The dwarf18 misses you.
You miss the dwarf18.
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (1-4).
*Someone hits you (93/120).
You miss someone.
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(83/120).
(*)Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 68,144).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 120.
*The dwarf18 misses you.
You miss the dwarf18.
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*Someone has tried to steal your cardboard box0...
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(110/120).
(*)Someone hits you (101/120).
You miss someone.
You hit someone (10-14).
You hit someone (5-9).
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*Someone hits you (91/120).
You miss someone.
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(81/120).
(*)The dwarf18 misses you.
You hit the dwarf18 (15-19).
The dwarf18 looks to have minor injuries.
(*) <tried a steal>
The dwarf18 doesn't want to be picked up, so he won't let you grab hold.
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(71/120).
(*)The dwarf18 misses you.
You hit the dwarf18 (15-19).
The dwarf18 looks seriously injured.
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (5-9).
(*)eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 68,146).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 111.
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)Someone hits you (108/120).
You hit someone (1-4).
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*Someone hits you (103/120).
You miss someone.
*<tried another steal>
The dwarf18 doesn't want to be picked up, so he won't let you grab hold.
*The dwarf18 misses you.
You hit the dwarf18 (5-9).
The dwarf18 looks seriously injured.
Someone hits you (100/120).
You hit someone (15-19).
Peanut the warlock has suddenly become visible!
*Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(90/120).
(*)Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
(*)qw
Peanut the warlock
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)Peanut the warlock hits you (77/120).
You hit Peanut the warlock (15-19).
Peanut the warlock looks seriously injured.
(*)Peanut the warlock makes some magical gestures.
Peanut the warlock fades from view.
(*)Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
(*)The dwarf18 misses you.
You miss the dwarf18.
(*)The dwarf18 misses you.
You hit the dwarf18 (10-14).
The dwarf18 looks close to death.
Someone hits you (68/120).
You miss someone.
(*)drink a vial
The smooth, sweet-tasting potion glides down your throat...
(+12 = 68,158).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 120.
(*)Someone misses you.
You hit someone (10-14).
(*)A horrifying zombie (zombie7) stands in your way!
You hear sounds of combat, as the zombie7 attacks someone.
Perched nearby is a splendid, red and blue parrot.
Lurking close by is a tall, thin thief.
A mean-looking dwarf (dwarf48) looks with contempt at you.
The mean-looking dwarf48 is approaching you ominously...
A deadly viper slithers by your feet...
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)A small, opened vial stands here, labelled: "POTION 0 - (removed)".
(*)The viper slithers away.
The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (115/120).
You miss the mean-looking dwarf48.
The thief slinks off.
The parrot says "Time for dinner".
You hear fast movement, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a stinging blow, as someone hits the zombie7.
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)Someone snickers.
(*)Someone hits you (103/120).
You hit someone (20-29).
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (95/120).
You hit the mean-looking dwarf48 (20-29).
The mean-looking dwarf48 looks superficially injured.
You hear a swish, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a stumble, as someone misses the zombie7.
The dwarf18 misses you.
You hit the dwarf18 (15-19).
You have killed the dwarf18.
(+78 = 68,236).
The dwarf18 has just passed on.
Your magical strength has worn off.
(*)<another steal attempt>
You reach for something, but it leaves you more exposed in your fight...
Someone notices your attempt to steal something...
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 misses you.
You hit the mean-looking dwarf48 (5-9).
The mean-looking dwarf48 looks to have minor injuries.
The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (81/120).
The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (70/120).
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (20-29).
(*)str
Your spell worked!
You emit a bright blue flash of light.
You have suddenly and magically become stronger!
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)You hear fast movement, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a crack, as someone hits the zombie7.
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (63/120).
You hit the mean-looking dwarf48 (15-19).
The mean-looking dwarf48 looks covered in wounds.
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 misses you.
You miss the mean-looking dwarf48.
Someone hits you (59/120).
You hit someone (10-14).
(*)drink vial
The smooth, sweet-tasting potion glides down your throat...
(+7 = 68,243).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 96.
(*)You hear a stumble, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a grinding noise, as someone hits the zombie7.
(*)qw
(Ember the warlock)
Misuzu the yeowoman
(*)You hear a parried blow, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a swishing sound, as someone misses the zombie7.
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (20-29).
(*)rp wp
Your spell worked!
The dagger0 is magically repaired!
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 misses you.
You hit the mean-looking dwarf48 (5-9).
The mean-looking dwarf48 looks covered in wounds.
You hear fast movement, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a crack, as someone hits the zombie7.
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (15-19).
(*)You hear a parried blow, as the zombie7 misses someone.
You hear a crack, as someone hits the zombie7.
The zombie7 has fled by going west.
The zombie7 drags itself off.
(*)The mean-looking dwarf48 hits you (85/120).
You miss the mean-looking dwarf48.
Someone hits you (77/120).
You hit someone (20-29).
You have killed someone.


Adamina the sorc vs Switswoo the necromancer

*Ground floor of scriptorium.
The scriptorium door is open.
Switswoo the necromancess is here carrying a piece of dream stuff0, a key52,
a dinghy and a pick0.
*You attack Switswoo the necromancess, using the longsword as a weapon.
*Switswoo the necromancess has closed the scriptorium door.
Switswoo the necromancess has locked the scriptorium door.
*You miss Switswoo the necromancess.
Switswoo the necromancess hits you (116/120).
*Switswoo the necromancess has started to use the pick0 to fight!
*op door
With skillful technique, you force the scriptorium door.
The scriptorium door creaks slowly open.
*You hit Switswoo the necromancess (10).
Switswoo the necromancess looks to have minor injuries.
Switswoo the necromancess misses you.
*qw
Switswoo the necromancess
Adamina the dragon-slaying sorcerer
Ahti the seer
*blind foe
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You have suddenly and magically gone blind!
*blind foe
Your spell worked!
Switswoo the necromancess has gone blind!
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your sight!
*l tt
Switswoo the necromancess looks to have minor injuries, and is holding the
following:
the piece of dream stuff0, the key52, the dinghy and the pick0.
The dinghy contains:
3 wafers.
*You miss Switswoo the necromancess.
Switswoo the necromancess hits you (112/120).
You hit Switswoo the necromancess (16).
Switswoo the necromancess looks covered in wounds.
You hit Switswoo the necromancess (12).
Switswoo the necromancess looks seriously injured.
You hit Switswoo the necromancess (7).
Switswoo the necromancess looks seriously injured.
You hit Switswoo the necromancess (23).
Switswoo the necromancess looks close to death.
You hit Switswoo the necromancess (18).
You have killed Switswoo the necromancess.
(+6,925 = 22,772).
A tarnished piece of the stuff of which dreams are made lies here.
A rusty key can be seen here.
A smallish, wooden sailing dinghy, only large enough for one person, has
been left here.
A smallish, woodworm-riddled pickaxe has been dropped here.
Switswoo the necromancess kicks the bucket.
In the distance, you hear a bell toll.

---
Rebel the warlock vs Striker the warlock

Wasn’t totally sure of my stats here after drinking a delusion vial by mistake. We both entered the game sometime mid reset.

(*)wh tt
1 in the place known as "second floor of keep".
(*)n.n.n.w
Dally Lane.
A streetsign has fallen here.
(*)Dally Lane.
(*)Keep.
The keep door is open.
(*)Ground floor of keep.
A soggy wafer has been left here. A worn, but sturdy, leather armband is
lying here. The keep door is open.
(*)u.u.k tt f wp
First floor of keep.
(*)Second floor of keep.
Around the top of the steps hangs an opaque, flickering, blue haze.
A highly ugly stone gargoyle lies by your feet.
(*)You attack someone, using the blade as a weapon.
(*)You miss someone.
Someone hits you (84/120).
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*eat a wf2
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 52,682).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 120.
*Someone has tried to steal your miser's purse...
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(120/120).
(*)You hit someone (10-14).
Someone hits you (97/120).
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You miss someone.
You hit someone (10-14).
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(114/120).
(*)i
You are wearing the following:
the nightcap and the ring6.
You are carrying the following:
the miser's purse, the blade, the cowl, the firestone0 and the
cardboard box0.
The cardboard box0 contains:
2 wafers, the clove of garlic, the key53, the baton and the
bow.
Weight carried: 8kg 218g/100kg.
Objects carried: 7/12.
You are keeping any objects in your possession of the following types:
purse, blade, fez, cowl, firestone and ring6.
(*)You hit someone (10-14).
Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
You hit someone (20-29).
(*)Someone has started to use something to fight!
(*)g wf f box
Wafer10 removed from cardboard box0.
Wafer11 removed from cardboard box0.
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(104/120).
(*)You hit someone (10-14).
Someone misses you.
(*)dr wf f purse
I don't know to what "purse" you're referring.
(*)dr wf f box
Wafer10 inserted in cardboard box0.
Wafer11 inserted in cardboard box0.
(*)You hit someone (15-19).
Someone misses you.
You hit someone (5-9).
You hit someone (5-9).
(*)You hit someone (10-14).
Someone misses you.
(*)A sailable coracle, large enough for one, has been left here.
(*)You miss someone.
Someone misses you.
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*You miss someone.
Someone hits you (61/120).
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(78/120).
(*)You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*invis
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically become invisible!
(68/120).
(*)eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 52,684).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 82.
(*)You hit someone (10-14).
Someone hits you (73/120).
(*)eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+2 = 52,686).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 113.
(*)You hit someone (20-29).
Someone misses you.
(*)i
You are wearing the following:
the nightcap and the ring6.
You are carrying the following:
the blade, the cowl, the firestone0 and the cardboard box0.
The cardboard box0 contains:
the clove of garlic, the key53, the baton and the bow.
Weight carried: 7kg 755g/100kg.
Objects carried: 6/12.
You are keeping any objects in your possession of the following types:
purse, blade, fez, cowl, firestone and ring6.
(*)qw
(Rebel the warlock)
Rick the sorcerer
Drizzle the warlock
(*)You miss someone.
Someone misses you.
(*)You hit someone (20-29).
Someone hits you (108/120).
(*)A hunting horn lies here.
(*)dep cowl
Cowl dropped.
(*)There is a miser's purse lying on the floor.
(*)You miss someone.
Someone hits you (91/120).
(*)Someone laughs.
(*)You hit someone (15-19).
Someone misses you.
(*)You miss someone.
Someone misses you.
(*)You hit someone (5-9).
Someone misses you.
Striker the legend has suddenly become visible!
(*)qw
Striker the legend
(Rebel the warlock)
Rick the sorcerer
Drizzle the warlock
(*)You miss Striker the legend.
Striker the legend misses you.
(*)Striker the legend has fled by trying to go over.
You can fight him no longer.
(+1,805 = 54,491).
An expertly-tooled key has been dropped over to one side.
Strewn before you is a gothic-looking, oppressively black cape.
In front of you lies a fearsome, yet beautiful broadsword.
The golden earring of some forgotten pirate lies here.
A beautiful, iridescent firestone (firestone1) glows nearby.
(*)The flickering haze stops flickering for a moment, then disappears!
Striker the legend has picked up the gargoyle0.
Striker the legend has picked up the coracle.
Striker the legend has picked up the horn0.
Striker the legend has picked up the cowl.
Striker the legend has picked up the miser's purse.
Striker the legend has picked up the key10.
Striker the legend has picked up the cape.
Striker the legend has picked up the broadsword.
Striker the legend has picked up the earring.
Striker the legend has picked up the firestone1.
(*)Stumbling a little, Striker the legend has just left.
(*)cri tt
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You have suddenly and magically become crippled!
(*)uncri
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your ability to walk!
------

Stompy the necromancer vs Mosquito the necromancer

*qw
Stompy the necromancer
Kiwi the warlock
Mosquito the necromancer
Osterbane the warrior
*Stompy the necromancer challenges you to a duel! If you were to accept,
this would mean that neither of you would be able to kill the other the next
time you met in combat (unless one of you quit beforehand).
Type ACCEPT STOMPY to accept, or DECLINE STOMPY to decline.
*kiwi there must be some puzzles that interconnect with other areas or puzzles in the game
You tell your listeners "there must be some puzzles that interconnect with
other areas or puzzles in the game".
*A male voice in the distance shouts "*slaps you with a leather glove*".
*accept stompy
You accept the challenge of Stompy the necromancer to a duel! The next fight
you have with him will be under duel rules.
*wh stompy
1 in the place known as "forest on steep slope".

(lots of running around gathering kit)

(*)wh stompy
1 in the place known as "rough pasture".

(*)Rough pasture.
(*)Stompy the necromancer has just arrived.
Stompy the necromancer has just fallen asleep.
(*)k stompy
You attack Stompy the necromancer.
The duel begins!
(*)Stompy the necromancer has woken up!
You hit Stompy the necromancer (1-4).
Stompy the necromancer looks fit.
Stompy the necromancer misses you.
You have suddenly and magically regained your visibleness!
*use wp
You are now using the dagger0 to fight!
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (5-9).
Stompy the necromancer looks fit.
Stompy the necromancer hits you (106/120).
*Stompy the necromancer has started to use the staff0 to fight!
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*You miss Stompy the necromancer.
Stompy the necromancer misses you.
*ql stompy
Stompy the necromancer looks fit.
*blind stompy
Your spell failed!
It works on you instead!
You have suddenly and magically gone blind!
*blind stompy
Your spell worked!
Stompy the necromancer has gone blind!
*You miss someone.
Someone misses you.
You miss someone.
You hit someone (5-9).
You hit someone (10-14).
You hit someone (15-19).
*unblind
Your spell worked!
You have suddenly and magically regained your sight!
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*eat a wf
MMMmmm..! It tasted delicious!
(+3 = 32,981).
You feel better already.
Your stamina is 120.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (15-19).
Stompy the necromancer looks covered in wounds.
Stompy the necromancer misses you.
*Stompy the necromancer has tried to steal your potty...
*Stompy the necromancer has tried to steal your potty...
*eat a root
Gobble gobble munch munch chew chew GULP! That was tasty!
(+8 = 32,989).
You feel a rush of magical power through your body.
*Stompy the necromancer has eaten a wafer4.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (15-19).
Stompy the necromancer looks superficially injured.
Stompy the necromancer hits you (110/120).
You miss Stompy the necromancer.
You miss Stompy the necromancer.
You hit Stompy the necromancer (1-4).
Stompy the necromancer looks superficially injured.
You miss Stompy the necromancer.
*i
You are carrying the following:
the dagger0, the potty and the firestone1.
The potty contains:
the wafer2 and the clove of garlic.
Weight carried: 1kg 804g/100kg.
Objects carried: 3/12.
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
Stompy the necromancer emits a bright blue flash of light.
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
Stompy the necromancer emits a bright green flash of light.
*g wf f potty
Wafer2 removed from potty.
*Stompy the necromancer looks quickly at you.
*You miss Stompy the necromancer.
Stompy the necromancer hits you (102/120).
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (10-14).
Stompy the necromancer looks to have minor injuries.
Stompy the necromancer hits you (98/120).
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (15-19).
Stompy the necromancer looks covered in wounds.
Stompy the necromancer misses you.
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*Stompy the necromancer makes some magical gestures.
*Stompy the necromancer has stolen the potty from you!
*dr wf f potty
I don't know to what "potty" you're referring.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (10-14).
Stompy the necromancer looks seriously injured.
Stompy the necromancer hits you (91/120).
You hit Stompy the necromancer (5-9).
Stompy the necromancer looks seriously injured.
You hit Stompy the necromancer (5-9).
Stompy the necromancer looks seriously injured.
*i
You are carrying the following:
the wafer2, the dagger0 and the firestone1.
Weight carried: 784g/100kg.
Objects carried: 3/12.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (15-19).
Stompy the necromancer looks critically injured.
Stompy the necromancer misses you.
*ql stompy
Stompy the necromancer looks critically injured.
*You hit Stompy the necromancer (20-29).
You would have killed Stompy the necromancer if you hadn't been duelling!




  View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Posts: 223
Posted: 25-09-2018 17:35   
Interesting stuff here. Indeed, MUD2 can easily lend itself to a lot of close calls.

  View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Joined: Mar 05, 2002
Posts: 223
Posted: 04-10-2018 15:46   
Might be worth re-visiting a few more close calls in MUD2.

  View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
footpad
novice

Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Posts: 4
Posted: 22-11-2018 08:52   
The badger's sett fight seems oddly familiar...



  View Profile of footpad      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kaif
cleric

Joined: Aug 02, 2012
Posts: 141
Posted: 25-11-2018 06:56   
They were both invisible, but I think one of them might have been the badger...it was right near his sett.

  View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.

Powered by phpBB
Copyright © 2000 - 2001 The phpBB Group

phpBB Created this page in 0.004949 seconds.