[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Introducing MUDKIP - a mudlet plugin for MUD2
Author Introducing MUDKIP - a mudlet plugin for MUD2
someuncreativename
novice

Posted: 31-05-2024 16:59   
Are you the sort of person who uses mudlet when playing MUD2 but miss the cool status bars from those other clients built specifically for MUD2?

Have you been waiting for someone to bodge together a mudlet plugin to solve that issue?

Well, you're in luck - because I've just bodged together MUDKIP (Multi User Dungeon Kool Informational Panels for MUD2), a mudlet plugin which does just that.

It's available via github (https://github.com/11BelowStudio/MUDKIP_Mud2), feel free to check it out and use it yourself.

[ This Message was edited by: someuncreativename on 31-05-2024 17:03 ]

View Profile of someuncreativename      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
someuncreativename
novice

Posted: 07-06-2024 23:33   
Quick update - I've just released an update to MUDKIP which adds in some automatic updating functionality.

If you already have MUDKIP installed, you will need to manually uninstall your current version and install the newest version. Future updates should hopefully be distributed automagically, requiring no effort from you.

Have fun!

View Profile of someuncreativename      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 12-06-2024 23:20   
its cool, stamina updates slowly though and alias doesnt work?

i cant forget the first time i made MU using the java web client and the blue magic bar turned on! lol

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
someuncreativename
novice

Posted: 13-06-2024 23:53   
Quote:

On 12-06-2024 23:20, trollsmash wrote:
its cool, stamina updates slowly though and alias doesnt work?

It's honestly very reassuring for me to hear that someone else has attempted to use MUDKIP

Now, onto the troubleshooting!

Firstly, double-check what version of MUDKIP you have installed. If you can't see a version indicator saying '[MUDKIP v1.1.2]' on the status bar on the top, uninstall it, and reinstall it from github (because you're probably using an old version if this is the case), then restart the MUD2 profile in mudlet just to be on the safe side.

Anywho, MUDKIP currently sends a `fes` command to the server every 20 seconds - but I can make it send the `fes` command a bit faster as well (but again, if your stamina (or any other `fes` info) hasn't changed in the meantime, the game doesn't respond to the `fes`, so I guess there is a risk of MUDKIP missing the window for stamina updates). However, MUDKIP should update the stamina display automatically whenever you `qs` (or your stamina is shown updating via any other means).

Re the alias stuff - the only alias currently implemented is the `dword` one (sending `dword` as a command will attempt to send `say <known dreamword>`) - but this naturally won't heal you if someone else has already said the dreamword (or there's been a reset, still haven't managed to get it to clear the known dreamword after reset). However, if this is not what you're talking about, mind letting me know what you mean by 'alias doesnt work'?

(anywho, if you need to send screenshots or whatever of the problem, it might be easiest to send them within an issue on the git repository for MUDKIP, and I'll try to fix it ASAP)

Quote:

On 12-06-2024 23:20, trollsmash wrote:
i cant forget the first time i made MU using the java web client and the blue magic bar turned on! lol

[ This Message was edited by: someuncreativename on 13-06-2024 23:54 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.