[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » client
Author client
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-04-2003 11:42   
What clients are people using at the moment? I've downloaded CLIO's mud client, which seems to be doing the trick, but it's teeny tiny, and you have to press up, then return to repeat your command. Admittedly, haven't fiddled with the preferences yet.

Any suggestions? Anyone that says Zmud will be shot :)

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 15-04-2003 13:27   
Quote:

On 15-04-2003 11:42, Halen wrote:
I've downloaded CLIO's mud client, which seems to be doing the trick, but it's teeny tiny, and you have to press up, then return to repeat your command. Admittedly, haven't fiddled with the preferences yet.

If you press ALT-ENTER it should switch to full screen mode.

Use CTRL-L to repeat the last command, or add the /E option to the command line, and just press ENTER to repeat the last command.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-04-2003 14:15   
Cheers! Except I use two monitors, and alt+enter maximises across both screens. DOH!

Command line stuff is great though, thanks :)

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 15-04-2003 14:35   
Quote:

On 15-04-2003 14:15, Halen wrote:
Cheers! Except I use two monitors, and alt+enter maximises across both screens. DOH!

Strange. On dual monitor systems the DOS box usually goes fullscreen on the primary monitor, and leaves the other one in Windows. Might be worth poking about your system settings to see if you can persude it to behave that way.

Clio should honour your dos window settings - eg it will run quite happily in a 50 line window - so you should be able to increase the window size, font, etc to make things more readable.

View Profile of Tabitha   Email Tabitha   Goto the website of Tabitha      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-04-2003 15:13   
great, thanks Tabitha - I'll give it a try :) Great client! =)))

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 16-04-2003 09:23   
Sorry, I'm still not sure how to add the /E flag? I tried putting it at the end, so the link reads:

"C:\Program Files\Clio MUD2 client\MUDII.co.uk.bat" /E

But that doesn't seem to work. I'm very much a technological peon :)

Tabitha
pilgrim

Posted: 16-04-2003 13:36   
Quote:

On 16-04-2003 09:23, Halen wrote:
Sorry, I'm still not sure how to add the /E flag? I tried putting it at the end, so the link reads:

"C:Program FilesClio MUD2 clientMUDII.co.uk.bat" /E

But that doesn't seem to work.

Leave the link as it was. Look in the C:\Program Files\Clio MUD2 Client\ folder, and you'll see a file called 'MUDII.co.uk.bat'. Righk-click on this file and select 'Edit'. Change the last line to be:

clio /H /W /E MUDII.co.uk

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 16-04-2003 15:30   
This is probably all on your website isn't it? Only muggins here, typical bloke, downloads and just wades in, then whines later :) That flag stuff is BRILLIANT! No wonder no-one uses any other client ;)

ok, 'nuff sucking up. Thanks again :)

Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 18-04-2003 12:45   
Quote:

Any suggestions? Anyone that says Zmud will be shot

And whats wrong with ZMUD?.. I've used it for years.. and I have yet to find a better one.. for free.. and I also think the ones you have to pay for are worse... or so I've heard...

Quite a few of us use ZMUD.. right.. RIGHT?!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2003 16:06   
Not here, Clio for me too!

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Merlin
pilgrim

Posted: 22-04-2003 13:40   
I use to be a ZMud freak. Used it for loads of stuff I.e. Mapping etc, but I now use Clio. Lots better then ZMud because it logs in colour and creates a lovely HTML format log file!!!!!

Merlin

View Profile of Merlin   Email Merlin          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 22-04-2003 20:44   
Mud for mortals was my previous fave client....

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 11-06-2003 12:40   
Really Vulnax? What did it do that Clio doesn't do already? [or is that it, clio does everything? ]

Six months back I was working on a follow-up to it, but I ran out of steam - mainly, but not entirely, due to lack of feedback [not trying to point fingers here though].

Havoc

[ This Message was edited by: Malbery on 11-06-2003 12:43 ]

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 11-06-2003 20:13   
Ohh, well a few things. MFM wouldn't connect to MUD2 at MUDII.co.uk, IIRC, as the connection script / addresses were hard coded? So I needed a new client and Clio is pretty good!

MFM had some kool tricks like moveable output windows ( on screen Inventory, last command, weather, etc. ) although I can't recall if it logged.

Still, if you get the urge to write a Clio beater, let me know!

V

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 11-06-2003 20:25   
Ohh yeah, I don't know if its just me / my PC, but when I am on a mud2 session via Clio, my Norton Utilities system thingy tells me I am running approx 100% CPU cycles, and it does seem to me Clio runs in a DOS process / window.

Ok, it DOES multitask if I wanna shift-tab to Windows, but that part is a bit clunky.

IIRC MFM multitasked under windows easily?

Clio is still superb for Mud2 games though, not putting it down!

V

Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 12-06-2003 00:42   
I think most of the features I could offer in a newer client would be most interesting to wizzes.

I had a few funky ideas that mortals would love, but I was hesitant because I thought they might detract from the game.

But if I do get the urge, I'll start by posting to the forum..

Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 12-06-2003 12:26   
I for one would like to see tab completion on player names. If only to be able to SYN the nasty ones quickly.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.