[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » MUD2 Clients » » MUD2Client version (1.2c) - * Updated to v1.2g *
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author MUD2Client version (1.2c) - * Updated to v1.2g *
Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 10-10-2004 01:57   
This version comes in two flavours, the standand version, and the 'lite' version (which doesn't require DX9, and doesn't have sound support).

If you've been having problems with stretched/distorted text with any previous versions, then this version may fix it (though there's also a possibility it was fine all along, and I've broken it making it work properly on my graphics card!).

Download links:

Standard: http://www.hyperplanar.co.uk/downloads/MUD2Client.zip
DirectX-free: http://www.hyperplanar.co.uk/downloads/MUD2ClientSW.zip

[ This Message was edited by: guess on 07-11-2004 16:58 ]

View Profile of Guess      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 16-10-2004 02:21   
Client update version 1.2e

Just a quick fix for some snooping bugs - client won't crash anymore if a persona being snooped on quits before they're UNSNOOPed (only urgent if you're a wiz or you're planning on snooping).

Download the new version from the links at the top of the thread.

Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 07-11-2004 16:59   
New version available (1.2g) with a couple of bug fixes and changes.

Download links are on the first post.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 04-04-2005 22:16   
Been testing this a bit. Well, a tiny bit.

What's with the input lag? There's a pause with every command entered that really slows you down, sadly.

Love the tell-splitting though. And I bet the auto-map is a right sod if you're being snooped (for the snooper!)

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 04-04-2005 22:27   
Input lag is probably a combination of automatic commands going on in the background to update score, stats, player list, and so on (in addition to commands being sent in one long string, as opposed to sending each key press).

Try closing any information-related windows you don't need (who lists, map, inventory, etc) to speed it up again.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 04-04-2005 23:01   
Ah, hrm. They're part of the reason you'd use it, though, surely? Will test it out a bit

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 04-04-2005 23:07   
Yes, but then again, any players that require lightning-quick reactions probably know the game well enough to make all that extra information unnecessary in any case.

One day I might just get around to making the information refresh periods customisable...

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-04-2005 16:22   
Hmn. I still get a delay even with everything turned off. It must be just due to the graphical nature of the client, I guess? Or maybe because I'm using the directx client. I will test with the non-directx one?

Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 14-04-2005 17:06   
You could try the non-DirectX version, since I can't really think what else would slow it down. I presume you're taking into account MUD2's default command delay?

When I use the client to telnet to my server running Linux, I don't see any noticable delays when using console commands that result in lots of text (and this is using the client on an old P3-600 laptop with no 3D capabilities).

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-04-2005 20:21   
Wow. It's tons faster, even with everything on.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-04-2005 20:46   
Ok, but it crashed when the game reset =)

http://www.halen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/socket.in

Since it says "email the creator" and doesn't give your email.

[ This Message was edited by: Halen on 14-04-2005 20:48 ]

Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 15-04-2005 00:36   
You didn't read the readme file, then?

Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 15-04-2005 00:39   
Oh, and I'd delete that socket.in file if I were you! Not that it contains passwords or anything, but still..!

Edit: And the good news is that at least it crashed for me too, so I'll fix that at some point (if I haven't already, which I think I have done - there's still another version that's almost done somewhere)!

[ This Message was edited by: Guess on 15-04-2005 02:29 ]

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-04-2005 22:50   
Some more thoughts, since this is the only place anyone actually ever replies on this forum

1) the background colour on the text bar is waaaay to bright. It's hard to see what you're typing.

2) Go to the Ingresso. Go up, and west. QN. It doesn't work. Only shows one direction - doesn't show you into the bedrooms.

3) The inventory box is crazy fun and all, but it doesn't show you what's in your containers. When you close the inventory box, nothing still shows up when you type QI. In fact, there's no reason to disable QI and I even with the inventory box up.

Guess
pilgrim

Posted: 16-04-2005 00:34   
This thread is going quite well considering there's only the two of us here

I'll look into points 1 and 2 (you could probably fix 1 yourself if you're in a hurry, the colours are defined in a layout file somewhere), but the container problem is MUD's fault since the text in the inventory window is taken directly from the FEI command. I can look into getting it to (try to) update when things are open/closed though.

I'll also look at compiling a new version in the near future, since I fixed the "crashing on reset/exit" problem you were having earlier. The reason I hadn't released it earler is that I re-arranged a lot of things and wanted to make sure it doesn't introduce any more problems.

Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 06-09-2006 12:38   
Is this still around? The link I tried is 404 Not Found.

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 06-09-2006 12:44   
I haven't seen your client but I was thinking it would be good to come up with a fullscreen view that steals the presentation of Diablo (http://www.blizzard.com/diablo2exp/screenshots/800x/ss01b.shtml) - just to take ideas people already understand like the health and magic balls.

I was thinking of writing someting like that in C# with Gtk so that it's cross platform (I'm a linux user).

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ewarwoowar
cabalist

Posted: 27-07-2008 18:55   
Anyone got a link for this to the download that works?

Alternatively, if comeone has the ZIP files and would like to send them to me, I can host them...

Cheers.

View Profile of ewarwoowar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 27-07-2008 23:48   
Have you checked out Havoc's client?

Available at:

http://mudiiclient.mudii.co.uk/

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ewarwoowar
cabalist

Posted: 28-07-2008 07:37   
Hi Samson,

Yes I have (although I can't get the link you've given to work).

I'm not saying that I don't like it or any of the other clients I've tried, rather I want to take a look at as many of the available clients as I can.

The MUD2 client looks impressive and I would like to try it out but the links are all broken, hence my request.

Cheers.

View Profile of ewarwoowar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.