[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash on Thursday!
Author Bash on Thursday!
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 05-04-2005 19:07   
Thursdays bash will involve a llama hunt, so be there or be square! And im trying to convince Hawumph to do some kind of strip show involving a badger and a cucumber, although thats yet to be confirmed.

bg

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 05-04-2005 21:16   
Where the HELL have you been?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Ollie
protector

Posted: 05-04-2005 23:39   
Vote Crowley for bash cucumber!

View Profile of Ollie   Email Ollie      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 11:00   
Ive been off on my travels, and Ive managed to come back <albeit only briefly> even wiser! Nice to be back for a bit though!Actually i have a 4OOO word essay to do and this was the only way I could think of not doing it.

bg

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-04-2005 13:30   
Sorry, you appear to be under the misapprehension that you are allowed to "go travelling" without the express permission of me. You are fined 200 pounds. Please go to jail immediately. Bend over, and await me.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 15:26   
erm, my comeback has taken a bit of a hit, in that ive just found out my zero button on my laptop wont work. I now cant log in anymore. so.... err... help? someone? what do you do when your keyboard buttons break?

bg

Karya
Witch

Posted: 06-04-2005 16:00   
Hi Billygoat!

I left you a mudmail saying hi etc but in response to your little problem ...

You can either copy and paste your account number from somewhere else. Or on a laptop you can use the function key to produce a zero from another key. On my laptop its Fn m. Look at your letter keys and you'll see that some of them double up as numbers to make up a numberpad.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 16:21   
Hi Karya!! Why does this always happen to me, what a muppet!! I can't make the stupid function key work <do you just hold it down, because if so then its not working> and when i try to copy and paste to clio or the website thing then it doesnt work, so i downloaded zmud but that wont work either, because it cant find something or other it needs to make it work. Rrrr! By the way your hot.

bg

Karya
Witch

Posted: 06-04-2005 16:28   
Do you have num lock held down? Press the key that says num Lk (on my laptop its on the top row towards the right) and that might release it. Then try again, press Fn and whilst holding that down press the key that doubles up as zero.

Can't help with clio or zmud I'm afraid, I don't use them. Someone else here might though.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 16:37   
ok hold on, almost got it :> my fn button is working but m is both ins and O. so how do i make it use O instead of ins?\

Did you think you couldn't make wiz with absolutely no knowledge of anything to do with computing? You saw it first here!

bg

Karya
Witch

Posted: 06-04-2005 16:40   
if Fn m is ins then try alt m or ctrl m or shift m.

edited to say: er ... not shift m, that'll just give you a capital M!

[ This Message was edited by: Karya on 06-04-2005 16:42 ]

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 17:02   
Billy, here's the excerpt from the Clio help file on autologin. The changes are made to the batch file that you use to log in. You can paste the info into it:

Consider the following login sequence:

Login: mud
Type QUIT to abort login.
Account ID: p00000000
Password: secret

To instruct Clio to automatically login to mudii.co.uk using these values, the command would be:

clio /B mud /A p00000000 /P secret mudii.co.uk

If the mud login had a password associated with it, the sequence might look like this:

Login: mud

Password: muse
Type QUIT to abort login.
Account-ID: p00000000
Password: secret

In this case, to instruct Clio to automatically login the command would be:

clio /B mud /C muse /A p00000000 /P secret mudii.co.uk

Edited to replace mud2.com with mudii.co.uk, just to simplify it for you!

If you're ashamed of your mobile phone .....

..... get a life - it's only a phone!

[ This Message was edited by: Hawumph on 06-04-2005 17:03 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Hawumph on 06-04-2005 17:05 ]

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 06-04-2005 17:07   
Alternative - if you use Clio windowed rather than full screen (ALT-ENTER will switch between the two) then you CAN paste in things like account number.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 09-04-2005 16:41   
Alternatively, get a new laptop or use another computer!

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 11-04-2005 11:10   
Those Llamas were NOT friendly

yours
A. Llama Hater

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.