[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Land Design competition - results!
Author Land Design competition - results!
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 26-06-2005 23:25   
Here are the results of the Land Design competition.

We asked you to vote for the best Land Design competition entry based on originality, atmosphere, being in keeping with the game and quality of room descriptions. We also asked you to let us know your favourite entry.

The top three entries, and therefore the winners of the competition are:

1. Redwood Forest
  2. The Deerpark
  3. Beached Whale

Congratulations to the winners! I'll let them reveal who they are ... If you didn't win this time, don't worry - there will be similar competitions later in the year. If you'd like to know how your entry scored against the winners, send us a mail at info@mudii.co.uk.

A more detailed analysis of the results will appear in the forthcoming issue of Muddled Times.

Thanks to everyone who voted, and to everyone who entered the competition.

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 26-06-2005 23:57   
Yay! I was beached whale

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 27-06-2005 00:01   
Quote:

On 26-06-2005 23:57, Halen wrote:
Yay! I was beached whale

OK ... but whose entry was about you?

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 27-06-2005 09:08   

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 27-06-2005 10:42   
Woohoo! Me redwood forest / barren plain is in! Cheers, everyone who voted for me! My project finishes on Thursday, and I've got a few days off after that (plus the start of the next project will probably be a bit slower) so I'll be able to pitch in on it after that.

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 27-06-2005 20:09   
Quote:

On 27-06-2005 10:42, Maxmage wrote:
Woohoo! Me redwood forest / barren plain is in! Cheers, everyone who voted for me! My project finishes on Thursday, and I've got a few days off after that (plus the start of the next project will probably be a bit slower) so I'll be able to pitch in on it after that.

I suppose now's the time to go on record as saying that I voted for Redwood forest. Deerpark addition was my second choice. As for Beached whale, I'm not sure. It seems a bit over the top for a regular (or semi-regular) area, more of a quest area to me. But that's just my opinion. (However, you WILL have to call the one character in it something other than 'old man' because MUD2 already has one).

Laura/Zalagar

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 28-06-2005 00:33   
I take it deerpark is Hawumph then?

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 28-06-2005 13:16   
i thought deeppark was the best entry

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 29-06-2005 07:05   
I liked the Deerpark too. But I certainly cannot take the credit for it. Would the author please step forward for some adulation?

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 06-07-2005 09:51   
Well I certainly have high hopes of that area being completed given the author won't even say their name.

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 10-07-2005 17:39   
the author is Michael Jackson, just think of the possibilities there

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 12-12-2005 16:10   
Maxmage - how you doing with yours? I had an early spurt and have totally failed to do anything since.

And you, mister anonymous?

Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 14-12-2005 16:26   
Have you lost your mojo, Halen?

Last I heard Deerpark's progress was about half way between yours and Apeomancers.

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-12-2005 19:06   
I can't find it anywhere!

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.