[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Websites » » What articles would you like to see in Muddled Times?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author What articles would you like to see in Muddled Times?
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 11-08-2005 12:14   
Many moons ago Hawumph suggested I put together a list of article titles for Muddled Times, which I duly did and he has worked through many of the titles. Since then requests for a similar list of suggested article titles have been made via the feedback form and questionnaire responses.

I therefore propose that if you have any ideas for an article that you would like to see in Muddled Times to post those ideas to this forum. I will regularly collate the list both on here and in Muddled Times.

I have gathered together a small group of regular writers (currently Crowley, Hawumph and myself) who will each pick a title from the list and write an article based on that title for each and every issue. This means you?ll need to keep the ideas coming in!

This list is also open for anyone to pick a title and write something on it. Hopefully those of you who would like to contribute to Muddled Times but have been lacking in ideas will now be able to do so.

I will get the ball rolling with a suggested title:

Has real life taken the mystique out of MUD2?

[ This Message was edited by: Karya on 11-08-2005 12:15 ]

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 11-08-2005 23:17   
My suggested title:

Do visible wizards ruin game mystique?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 11-08-2005 23:38   
Quote:

On 11-08-2005 23:17, Halen wrote:
My suggested title:

Do visible wizards ruin game mystique?

Well I know you can't be including me since according to this article and this article I'm not a wizard

Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 12-08-2005 05:10   
Personally, I think it ruins the mystique for wizzes to be invis 100% of the time. Really, the joke is that officially there are no such things as WIZMORTS, not that there are no such things as wizzes.

I think wizzes should be visible every now and then. It actually adds to the game to see wizzes now and then, sometimes giving players gentle nudges in the right direction or providing constructive criticism. Or challenging players with riddles, tests, and puzzles.

Hmm...an article title...

Let's see...how about:

Rarely seen mobiles

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 12-08-2005 07:55   
invis lvl2, there for a reason, dont let it get rusty USE IT!!!!! is nice to see vis wizzes and witches though, and karya has a cooler picture than all the others no nar nar nar nar

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 12-08-2005 10:23   
From what's already been said on this thread am I correct in thinking that you believe wizzes are visible too much now? Interesting the way things like this cycle around considering this thread from earlier this year.

The subject of wizzes being visible too much (or interfering/gossiping/interacting with mortal players excessively) is touched upon in a couple of articles on Richard's site. I think it's under the VAX MUD2 section. There's even a typology of wizzes.

Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 12-08-2005 15:33   
Quote:

On 12-08-2005 10:23, Karya wrote:
From what's already been said on this thread am I correct in thinking that you believe wizzes are visible too much now? Interesting the way things like this cycle around considering this thread from earlier this year.

The subject of wizzes being visible too much (or interfering/gossiping/interacting with mortal players excessively) is touched upon in a couple of articles on Richard's site. I think it's under the VAX MUD2 section. There's even a typology of wizzes.

I don't think wizzes are 'too visible' at all. And I don't think just one or two players speaks for the majority.

Those articles you referenced are pretty interesting, by the way. I'm still in the process of reading them as I type this. http://mud.co.uk/richard/vax.htm

Laura/Zalagar

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 13-08-2005 20:26   
Quote:

I certainly don't think that. It was a "devil's advocate" article title

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 14-08-2005 20:14   
Maybe just Firedemon then and others who haven't posted here. I appreciate what Laura said, what one (or a few) say doesn't necessarily represent the views of all but it was an interesting point considering some of the points raised earlier this year.

Any more suggestions for article titles? I've picked my article unless another one grabs my attention.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 15-08-2005 15:37   
When do you flee? Strategies for survival

The fighter's guide to reset starts

The coward's way out? When to qq in MUD2.

The killer's guide to maxing your stats

The hidden killer - your dex in MUD2

Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 16-08-2005 10:39   
There will be a shorter gap between issues this time so the deadline for the next issue is 12th September. That gives you just under a month to pick one of these titles and write an article.

Send your articles to me at karya@muddled-times.com.

Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 17-08-2005 07:51   
Article suggestions.

1) When i make wiz, I want to....

2) How my mood reflects the way I play mud.

3) How mud has impacted my other (RL) life.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 17-08-2005 12:45   
We have quite a variety of titles now. So far the list looks like this:

• Has real life taken the mystique out of MUD2?
  • Do visible wizards ruin game mystique?
  • Rarely seen mobiles
  • When do you flee? Strategies for survival
  • The fighter's guide to reset starts
  • The coward's way out? When to qq in MUD2
  • The killer's guide to maxing your stats
  • The hidden killer - your dex in MUD2
  • When I make wiz, I want to ...
  • How my mood reflects the way I play MUD
  • How MUD has impacted my other (RL) life

Please feel free to pick one of these titles and submit something for Muddled Times. Send your work to me at karya@muddled-times.com by the 12th September.

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 18-08-2005 20:11   
random idea, Do you act like you persona in RL

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 19-08-2005 16:51   
Might be rather a short article that.

Either Yes. Or No?

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 19-08-2005 17:19   
less effort mind

Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 19-08-2005 17:45   
Actually, Lexley and I used to exchange really long and detailed e-mails talking about this subject (amongst other things). It's a shame she's still not playing otherwise I'm sure she would have done that article title justice.

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 19-08-2005 20:22   
wayhey over a 100 posts (dances) wanna dance haw?

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 23-08-2005 21:18   
Lexley playing mud would make the whole game excellent.

Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 23-08-2005 22:48   
Is that a suggested article title or a statement?

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.