[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » FAQ
Author FAQ
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 29-10-2006 19:08   
As part of the new mudii website we are going to include a FAQ. What suggestions do you have for questions to be included in the FAQ?

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Posted: 29-10-2006 19:23   
When I very first started playing, the idea of resets was confusing to me. When 'something magical' happened I didn't understand where or why my kit had gone. I even thought it was just happening to me, and I was triggering it somehow. Something about that would be useful I think.

Also something about the differences between mu's and non-mu's, and about protected personae too.

[ This Message was edited by: Tharg on 29-10-2006 19:24 ]

View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 30-10-2006 20:33   
A lot of the info exists on the web site already, it just needs organising into a faq style.

Communication
movement
Items
carrying items
using items
Points / swamp / treasure
commands
verbs
Levels / levelling up
acts / emotions
fighting
weapons
mobiles and personae
tasks ( not the grimoire tasks .. !) / i.e. the need to complete chain of actions to achieve goal ( ref. tasks, larger gains)
Events

There is a lot of info here and on Richard's site, and as already mentioned Lexleys site, and other mud2 players such as Cat.

The easier the answers for how to play the game questions are to access the less hassle the new players will have.

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 31-10-2006 01:59   
I noticed that there's an in-game FAQ. Can we reuse some of that maybe?

Can we also make it easy to ask a question? So that it can be added to the FAQ?

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 01-11-2006 11:01   
I still think the tour should be available to see on the on the main page, that was my biggest problem when i started, that damn tour!! was a nightmare lol. if this has already been said, forgive me, im slow

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 01-11-2006 11:11   
Maybe have like a link or somthing, i dont mind writing the tour

Ok here it goes

*This is the tearoom, this is where we all sit chill out sell and trade drugs and then head north to smuggle the drugs to a far far away land called .com

*Badly paved road
This is the badly paved road, many smuggles get busted by the police here. To the South East you see a Inn where you can make some quick cash and chug down some beers.

---------Forgot room name-----------

*Dragon island

*Here you see a fume of smoke and out pops!! Puff the magic dragon

*You are squished by massive blunt

*not updating persona

Few seconds later.....

*Zordell says "so you failed on your quest to deliver the drugs?
*Smokeymcpot says "Yup"
*zordell says "Thats rough man, lets have a smoke"

Is my tour/weird thing any good, lemme know? ^^

FD

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Foddy
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 01-11-2006 19:37   
Quote:

On 01-11-2006 11:11, Cradle wrote:
Maybe have like a link or somthing, i dont mind writing the tour

Cradle,

In the other thread, the tour was discussed and it was decided to base it on the existing tours, but in more bite-sized chunks. Someone is already working on this.

Can we try to keep this thread on topic - we need input for the FAQ, which should include questions about the website, clients, etc.

Havoc - good idea about suggesting questions.

View Profile of Foddy      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 01-11-2006 20:05   
For the new website try making it alot more.. hmm how to put this.. joyful, the current one is very boring! more colour etc. whole new logo.

how about a drop down box for it, that way newbies can willingly chose on to what topic they want in a fast easy accsessable way.

For the client i suggest a better one on the .co.uk i just fell victime to it because i havent had good ole clio for months now ; ;. But i think thats what Malberry and silly are working on, which i am looking forward to testing ^^

weird question but with the new website will the exsisting forums be deleted and started a fresh! newbies browsing these forums and seeing talk about how we go em in would look weird lol.

aswel as focusing on newbies focus on what can be done to exsisting players, like make them a offical mentor, i know this isnt the right forum topic so its a short suggestion ^^

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.