[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 24/07
Author Last Night's Bash 24/07
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-07-2008 10:03   
BASH GENERAL?S REPORT

Leak summed it up nicely afterwards when he said ?Not the greatest bash ever?. True but enjoyable none the less. There were a couple of dames (dark and mysterious events) during the course of the evening which I will go into.

It started off with just Mortimer, Leak and yours truly. Leak did his usual with the water snakes, I took on the gobs and Mortimer went off to do the more difficult stuff. Soon our numbers swelled by 33% with the arrival of Ewarwoowar, who helped me finish off the goblins. We then went on together mopping up the surface mobiles. Without warning me Ewarwoowar (the Swordsman) decided to attack sk1. It was touch and go but we got him just. There was now a guest on called Plebbling in the game. And very soon I was pleased to see Elthorin as Mortimer seemed to have dropped out.

Mysteriously there was no one in the Tearoom. There was no Hal. There was no Cenedra and there was no Blib. It was difficult enough with just four of us battling away but the lack of support from the Tearoom just about made it impossible.

Leak and I teamed up to do the dwarfs. We dealt with all the ?easy? ones first or most of them at least. Then we went on to look for the guards and the surlies and the king and the queen. Thus followed the first ?dame?. They were not there. All gone. All the doors were open. All the t was in tact. Someone had been there first. But Leak and I had opened the closed gw ourselves. How could anyone have got in ahead of us? We mopped up the few remaining and went on to the wolf.

I did the usual trading with the wolf but he still attacked us. We were not alone though. ?Someone? was helping us and the three of us easily finished him off. Who was this dark and mysterious stranger? Will I ever know?

By now time was getting on. Time to deal with the keep and its problems was overdue. Leak took the lead in this enterprise. We got part of the way and found the ggs had gone. They were simply not there. I will admit now that on my very first bash I swamped the ggs (not knowing any better) and so it transpired had Leak. It was not the end of the world. An appeal to a Wiz would put that right. I made a wish. Nothing happened. A distant voice shouted that the ggs were somewhere in the Land but no amount of wh?ing would locate them.

I did an SV and there were 57 left with only 10 minutes to go. Even with the ggs it would have been impossible. I drew myself up to my full height, and disregarding one of my own rules about conduct during a bash, I issued the instruction to abandon the bash and swamp as much t as possible during the remaining time left. You can do that when you are Bash-General.

There then followed a bit of an undignified scramble. And guess what? Waiting for us at the swamp was an angry hb who attacked on sight. He had his usual array of comestibles which proved impossible to steal. Another ?dame?. How did he get there? As far as I know no player had ventured near his usual haunts. He should have been behind a locked door. But even if someone had gone looking for him and unlocked the door and failed to kill him, it was a huge distance from where he should be to the swamp.

We had a bit of talk about the bash doing the washing up in the Tearoom afterwards. Zedar said he had been PK?d by Spazmonkee but had escaped. I suppose going two weeks running without any unpleasantness is too much to expect.

Like I said, ?There?s always next week?.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-07-2008 11:20 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-07-2008 10:31   
.....And another thing.

No one opened up the Redwoods. But then Hal wasn't on, was he?

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-07-2008 10:32 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ewarwoowar
cabalist

Posted: 25-07-2008 10:36   
Must confess that it was me and not Lek who swamped the ggs.

As you said Roy this was my first bash (ok my second in nearly 23 years) and there is so much of the land that I haven't even been to yet, so I have no idea what the ggs are for (other than swamping, of course!).

I thought it was a great experience, but as I have no idea where weapons are to be found, I ended up fighting with either my bare fists or an unlit brand (which usually crumbled to pieces on the first hit!). I did have an axe, but was unable to use it:-?

Having gotten separated from Royston I decided to hunt down mobiles myself, and had to flee from the "man" as he was clearly stronger than I was. Wandering around a part of the land I hadn't been to before (the Keep as it turns out) I stumbled into the wyvern and had a go. I died several times (after fleeing - once on only 8 stamina!) and I lost more points than I gained, but it became a point of honour and, eventually, I managed to kill it. I'll go with a friend next time (and hopefully have a weapon I can use!).

A good night I felt (for me anyway) and hopefully I'll have a bit more of a clue as to what to do next time...

View Profile of ewarwoowar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-07-2008 10:39   
Misunderstanding here. I wasn't going to say who the 'culprit' was just that both Leak and I had done the same on our very first bashes.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.