[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 14/08
Author Last Night's Bash 14/08
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-08-2008 09:28   
BASH-GENERAL'S REPORT

Even though there were twenty-three mobs left at the end with only three minutes of play left, I regard this bash as a success and due entirely to all the hard work was undertaken by just two players at Sorcerers' level: Instead (who started as Championne so must have taken a risk at sometime during the evening) and Fantods. I congratulate them both on their efforts. The evening proceeded along predicable lines with a steady decrease in mobile numbers but with only four people in the Land (most of the time) it was just not possible to get through them all quickly enough.

There were however two incidents of note.

Firstly the matter of the pillar. I must confess I do not understand what this is all about. As I see it, one player has to set it up, by getting to the right location, dealing with the opposition, provide an easy means of travel and then call in the other players before doing the business. Now I have been present on a few occasions and even managed it all on my own a couple of times and nothing much seemed to happen. However from the apparent vehemence displayed when things do not quite go the way they should, I am obviously missing something. And things did not go the way they should on this occasion. I should add that when I do get the call I am usually in the middle of a little unpleasantness with a nasty and difficult customer or recovering from such an experience and I have learnt the hard way not to go anywhere near another player, no matter how friendly they might appear, on low stam. So I tend to miss out. But, like I said, it all went wrong on this occasion. It was nicely set up by Instead but the essential item of property was missing. A 'wh' showed it was, of all, places in the Scriptorium. I checked on the bridge and that was certainly in place. I went to this end of the bridge and tried without success to get across. Instead appeared and disappeared with the end of the bridge. I did a virtual shrug of shoulders and went and engaged the goat in a bit of combat. I was invited to make the crossing. I was assured the bridge was back in place. I chose to ignore this invitation and went for the boar instead. I was nagged some more, despite my urging them to leave me out, I was persuaded to make the effort. I did a check on the bridge, only to find that the fourth player for some reason of his own, had made off with one end it. Suddenly there was a call for help and the matter of the pillar was forgotten. But what still puzzles me why is the pillar so important. I do not expect an answer to that.

The second incident came about as follows. I may not say much as Bah-General but I do check up on what other players are up to from time to time. For example if I know who is playing a musical instrument, I can have a fair idea that a major mobile will soon get his comeuppance and who will be doing the honours. Now I 'wh'd' a particular player in between bouts of fighting and other business and four times in succession he was in the shrine. I am satisfied he was there the whole time and did not move for at least ten minutes. I will not name that player. Those who were there know who I am talking about and those who were not need not know. I am not here to give anyone a bad name. I just want to sort out a matter of principle. I made a lot of noise and, as all the response came from other players, and none from him, I gathered he was afk. Lazing about the Tearoom is one thing, if that's what people really want to do. The worst that can happen is that certain areas of the game open up. But if a player remains in the game afk or simply hides out for the duration in a safe room in the hope of getting his 3k while the rest of us are working our socks off, he is asking for trouble. What he is doing is clearly within the rules; but so is kping and the 'two level' is a guide and not a rule. If we, as players permit this sort of behaviour then someone could log on kill an ff and just hide for the rest of the evening. I do not think this is in the spirit of the game.

I hope the player in question does not own up or anything silly. What has happened is done and should now be forgotten. I just want to establish how others feel about this type of behaviour, before I really get out of my pram and start waving my rattle.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 15-08-2008 09:35 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 15-08-2008 10:51   
I too dislike it when players kill a mobile and hide in a safe room to get the 3K. Usually if I spot someone doing that I will divert my attentions to them intead of the bash. For me the bash is about achievement of a goal and a bit of fun, not merely a tool to obtain 3000 points.

However, to give the benefit of the doubt, its quite possible that the player you mentioned simply went afk for genuine reasons. 10 minutes is not a long time to be gone - maybe he went to the bathroom, took a phone call, made a sandwich, or whatever. I often find myself needing to go afk without warning, and if I'm in the middle of doing something in the Land I'll usually just make myself safe rather than QQ and lose all my kit/stats/other session-based benefits.

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 15-08-2008 10:52 ]

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 15-08-2008 16:28   
tin can

[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 17-08-2008 22:58 ]

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 15-08-2008 16:31   

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Posted: 19-08-2008 18:31   
similar to this ?

http://www.mudii.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=577&forum=1&23

View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 19-08-2008 19:02   
Quote:

On 19-08-2008 18:31, digriz wrote:
similar to this ?

http://www.mudii.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=577&forum=1&23

nah then it was genuine . To be fair when i went to the shop on thursday , putting my self was to ensure i'd get the points even if i was a bit late back ......

i know i'm bad person
nt>

[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 19-08-2008 19:04 ]

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.