[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Thursday's Bash 23/10
Author Thursday's Bash 23/10
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-10-2008 15:18   
A BRIEF ACCOUNT.

We started off with Odd, Leak, Hocus and Cenedra, (who had the good sense not to leave the Tearoom) who were all Warlocks and me, who had the good sense to play his Necro.

The vote for bash-General came out HOCUS/LEAK/ROYSTON (who was not playing)/LEAK THE FRUIT. So Leak got it.

Odd was dead keen to do the icons straight away but wasn?t getting many volunteers to med. He threatened to leave MUDii if no one was going to help him. So the Bash-General stepped in and made his way to the AC. Unfortunately the PC was shut. He had the temerity to ask an Arch-Wiz, no less, to help him open it. There was still no one in the shrine and I have a shrewd idea that Hawumph himself took this position up. The countdown started and there was a last second panic as no one had any idea who was actually going to go in. I still don?t know if it was done or not.

Some time later, a scream went up for help from our leader that he was being attacked in the Hall. Nasty. As it was Odd who was doing the attacking and not a mobile there was some disinclination to get involved by the other payers. Anyway I was busy at the time and had no intention of fleeing. Well that?s my excuse. A female voice in the distance, Cenedra no doubt from the Tearoom, did give some encouragement by shouting at him to stop yelling about it and get on with it and called him a Numpty.

When things had quietened down again, an obit showed Leak had not died but I?m guessing he retired to the sidelines as Hawumph called another election. Odd was elected and the evening was beginning to take on the atmosphere of a South American Republic following a coup d?etat by the military. Me I kept my head down and quietly got on with it.

And so it went on for a bit. About half way through the game a ?qw? showed Heiach, Hal, Nero, Dunkillin and Leak all playing. A ?wh? on each of these in turn showed Heiach, Hal, Nero, Dunkillin and Leak in the Tearoom. Odd and Hocus were probably there in the game but invis. Seeing Hal in, I went and checked on the Redwoods. And sure enough it was open. Hal denies he opened it up. I believe Hal because Hal is an honourable man. It?s just that whenever he appears in the Tearoom on a Thursday, someone opens up the Redwoods. But it did bring Hal into the land to have a look and once in, he stayed.

We eventually ran out of time with just 16 mobiles left. It was a good try.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-10-2008 15:21 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 25-10-2008 15:59   
Good write up. I came in at about 80 sv. The first attempt at icons must have failed because I later meditated for Hocus, who completed it.

And my theory about redwood is that there must be a player who, on spotting me entering the game, opens it so that I take the blame

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 26-10-2008 10:35   
I hate the redwood forest!

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 26-10-2008 14:51   
Gasp, I would never call someone a numpty

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]