[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » 31st Oct 2008 Halloween Bash Report
Author 31st Oct 2008 Halloween Bash Report
Armand
explorer

Posted: 31-10-2008 15:33   
This week the usual 9pm Thursday bash was replaced with a Halloween themed bash, courtesy of Hawumph. Bash generals were myself and Fantods, so hopefully he'll post a bash report too!

Mobiles such as the vampire, wraith, skeletons, and zombies (which are already Halloween themed) were unaltered but most other mobiles had undergone transformations in name, description, and stats. The dwarf realm for example was full of pumpkins instead of dwarfs (including a queenpumpkin and kingpumpkin) and various toys had been animated such as wereowls and weredolls. There were also wizard masks, suits and hats, some of which were in the likeness of current wizzes and arch-wizzes (examples I recall seeing were Turrican and Sabretooth).

In addition to the usual objective of reducing the SV count to zero, there was a competition (like last year) to see who could kill the most mobiles. There was a promise of mudmeet leftover merchandise (dragons and pens I think) for the winner. For much of the bash it was a close tie between myself and Floyd until the latter died to the tiger.

After a bit of kit gathering (with some interruptions from some random mobiles such as a phantom of the opera) I started on the orcs (formerly known as goblins). I then proceeded to the rats only to discover that they were absent. I am unsure as to whether this was a feature of the event, or whether someone had been very quick in dispatching them before I got there. Around this time there was an announcement that Floyd was in the lead with kills, so I decided to do the hedge maze, usually an easy way to get a few quick mobile kills. Bad idea! Instead of bees there were poisonous pixies, so I spent the next 30 seconds or so frantically running around looking for a phial, which I was lucky enough to drink in time.

I think that was when I decided to do pumpkins (dwarfs). I was halfway through the guards when Crazyfool decided to play a prank which unbenownst to him would have serious consequences later in the bash! I was forced to shout "Icons?" at which point various people responded to tell me they were in the shrine / ac etc and ready to med. There then followed a series of alternating shouts from me in which I explained that I'd been forced, and crazyfool forced me to "explain" that my explanation was the real force. Crazyfool also entertained us with a series of puns ("Whats Leak's favourite sport? Pick boxing!), prefixes (Fantods the bash-general necromancer of false teeth, and Leak the picky warlock) and other gags.

The turnout for the event was quite high (easily 10+) which of course meant that giants opened. This time the blame belonged to Zedar instead of Blib. The area was cleared out pretty quickly compared to normal, although with the consequence that Leak lost his warlock to a giant.

Pagoda was of course also open (no redwood though!) and the apes were dealt with efficiently. I did the upper levels and discovered for the first time that it is possible to fight a visible mongoose.

The Dracula quest was also loaded, with the entrance in the evil wood. When I got there, some players (Joram and Floyd I think) had already partially cleared it out. I recall killing a rocking horse, a skeleton, and Dracula himself.

We managed to get the SV count to about 8 by the time the auto reset initiated, which meant we got a few mins extension. Hawumph also generously extended this by a futher 2 minutes. Unfortunately this wasn't quite enough and I believe the bash ended with an SV of 2: the jellyfish (which was being battled) and the golem (thanks CF!). I'm uncertain if the jf was killed prior to the reset as I didn't have time to do a final SV.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 31-10-2008 16:54   
The WSs were called HYDRAs but were much the same sort of creatures. There was also a 'BEHOLDER' down there who made the Island unsafe for sleep.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 31-10-2008 17:43   
The jellyfish was still alive (just) on the reset, and of course the Golem.

Which looked like :

Outer sanctum.
You find yourself in the outer sanctum of some strange, holy temple. All
about you, the walls seem to be a hazy, formless blackness, but there is a
visible opening to the north whence comes an eerie, golden light. A golem of
solid iron stands here as guardian of the Inner Sanctum. The golem is
wearing a pin-striped suit.

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 31-10-2008 19:08   
I take no blame at all.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.