[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Xmas Carollers in MUD!
Author Xmas Carollers in MUD!
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 24-12-2008 20:59   
How about it???
Mobs that walk around randomly singing xmas carols to you, and they block your way unless you pay them with treasure!

/zedar

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 24-12-2008 20:59 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 29-12-2008 19:17   
I like the idea of carolers , but i rather kill them as paying might get a bit tedidous (especially if you have no t ) .

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Posted: 29-12-2008 20:34   
I like this idea.

The parrot should pick up the lines too, if sung within earshot of it.

View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 29-12-2008 21:49   
Maybe we should have to finish of the carol they're singing then they give us t .

Shame we'll have to wait a year for this ......

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 29-12-2008 23:19   
Well, some years, there were these Christmas Scavenger Hunts. A carol singer would do some variant of the Twelve Days of Christmas to tell us just what items we should be looking for.

This year, it seems nothing special was done for Christmas (outside of the usual incongruous appearances of Santa Claus, the reindeer, the snowperson, and the Christmas decorations).

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 31-12-2008 19:40   
Actually there was a christmas bash, with a RL prize (chocolates) for the most mobile kills. Thanks to Karya for organising that

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 01-01-2009 06:02   
Is it just me, or is there something wrong with the idea of having a mobile bash on Christmas?

Christmas is supposed to be a time of 'peace on Earth, and goodwill'. Going out and massacreing creatures just doesn't seem to be in the Christmas spirit to me.

Of course, the game itself presents some incongruities. What are Santa Claus, a reindeer, and those Christmas decorations doing in a mostly anarchic, abandoned Land? Aside from players, is there anyone in The Land who cares about Christmas? There are very few human inhabitants, the dwarfs probably have their own customs, and the goblins don't seem like the sort who'd celebrate the Christmas season.

Most of the time, Santa seems to stand there in one place, and not give anything to anyone. I have absolutely no idea what the game considers to be 'good' behavior. But this is of course a digression.

[ This Message was edited by: Zalagar on 01-01-2009 06:03 ]

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 02-01-2009 04:09   
I disagree that Christmas is inconsistent with the game. The Land is comprised of a large variety of themes which are based on human and mythological cultures, many of which have no relation to each other. It is clear also that humans used to have a large presence in the Land, as evidenced by the many artifacts and structures they left behind. There are even still a few of them around: the man, the thief, the monk. Perhaps these earlier humans had some of the same customs as us, including Christmas?

[ This Message was edited by: Armand on 02-01-2009 04:10 ]

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 02-01-2009 23:13   
Besides, goblins love christmas. They do a full roast with all the trimmings in between resets. Their treasure horde is all the presents from inside their crackers.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.