[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 29/01
Author Bash Report 29/01
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-01-2009 12:17   
BASH CAPTAIN?S REPORT.

We started dead on time under the watchful eye of CF. Those additionally present at the start were Caboose, Fantods, Cenedra, Leland and I. We were soon joined by Fiz.

The voting was over quite quickly and the result of four votes cast was one each for Leland, Caboose, Hal and me. Hal of course was not playing, as pointed out by CF.

I was happily beating up the Gobs, when there was a lot of shouting about the pillar being set up and to hurry up. I started to make my way out when suddenly Fantods waved. I thought it strange that he should be in the Gobs as well, but a QL established that I was at the Classical Ruin. I was now in utter confusion. In retrospect I can only think that I had been summoned but there is nothing in the log to say as much. With the business of the pillar done, somehow I had to get back. Needless to say, I had forgotten to SITE. So it was back in the GFC for me. The problem now was that the only exits all lead to the Tangled Garden and I had to wait a while before I could climb out of the GFC to Before Gate. I went back to the Gobs and finished them off. Meanwhile there had been a rush of water somewhere and I knew someone was sorting out the dwarfs.

It was about then that I made a great error of judgement. I decided it was about time I abandoned my leadership technique of doing absolutely nothing and just letting everyone get on with it, in favour of a bit of leading from the front. In short, I decided to do the dragon myself, this time. I managed to dispatch all the rats without a problem and on the way to the Jetty passed Spazmunkee who wished me luck. I also got blocked by a Bison. How I later wished I had killed him then!

On the Island the Dragon had a high old time dodging me from place to place. As soon as I typed in the command and hit the Return Key, she?d gone. Eventually I managed to find her and without warning she attacked me. One hit and my stam was 55/110. I did not hang around but fled and QQ?d. Even then I got a Haumph and in the Tearoom my stam was 9. So now there was a problem because I had dropped everything on the Island when I fled, of course, and the Dragon still needed to be dealt with. I sought advice and was told that someone other than me would have to do it. I asked Leland to do the deed, which he managed in no time at all, for which I was very grateful.

Back in the game the best wp I could find was the croquet mallet, which was certainly better than no wp at all. I went on and did the really boring WSs. Well someone had to. Then on to the Pony but there was no Snowbird, which surprised me and no snow leopard, which did not. We were now down to less than 50 left. Then very quickly to 25 and 15. It was looking good. The Tearoom had obviously turned out.

The Keep was left, as was the Spider. I went on to the Keep where I found, Crowley, Zalagar and Fantods had got ahead of me. The keep went like clockwork. What baffles me is that, using the command ?k 1 mob?, I never hit the Maiden once and kept on attacking the crows. Perhaps that was just as well. Spazmunkee appeared and joined in the mayhem.

We then all went on to deal with SK0. Crowley wanted us to meet in the Grotto, where I found him asleep. I did not pull the lever. While we were waiting for the team, someone else killed the SK on their own and it was now time to sort out Golem.

On the way to the AC, I found Spazmunhee valiantly battling it out with the Ogre and joined in with that. Spaz took up the AC before I could get there and I made my way to the Shrine. To draw a veil over it, there were several attempts to get in. I admit I cocked up the first by typing ?mad? instead of ?med? . On about the 3rd or 4th attempt someone shouted they were in and in a short time, I was in the hut, with Crowley. Spaz appeared and, generously gave us each two icons, saving none for himself.

By now we were just down to 1 mob and I am sure everyone, like me, were going through their list of mobs, WH?ing each one in turn. We just were not getting it. After a while CF gave us a clue: ?Dances like a street fighter?. From this we were supposed to deduce that the remaining mob was the Bison. I still don?t get it. It was explained to me. I suppose it is a generation thing. But a female voice in the distance did understand the clue. And there was a stampede fore the cellar steps.

Unfortunately this was towards the Steps to the Cellar (in the Cottage) and not the Cellar Steps (at the Inn). By the time I got to the Public Bar, it was all over. I have been in a few Pub Cellars in my time and you always get to them down a dangerously rickety set of wooden steps. I just could not get my head round a Bison being half way down one of these and the whole lot not collapsing.. But I suppose that?s what MUD is all about. All things are possible.

Edited SK1 changed to SK0.

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 30-01-2009 14:18 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 30-01-2009 12:37   
Nice report

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 30-01-2009 13:33   
sk0 is behind the waterfall good report though. It was my first bash in about 3 years or something, quite enjoyable really! Not sure why I didn't have the bison on my list of mobs, but it's on there now...

And Laura wanted us to know it was her who solved the streetfighter clue. Love you Laura!

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-01-2009 14:20   
Quote:

On 30-01-2009 13:33, Crowley wrote:
sk0 is behind the waterfall

Corrected - Thanks.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 30-01-2009 16:13   
love these reports ^^
/zedar

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-01-2009 17:07   
Thank you for the encouraging remarks. My criticism is that the accounts are mostly about ME. This is because I never know what other people are up to. I would be happier if more people were featured.

My main object in these writings is to encourage new players. I just the hope that someone outside might read one and is tempted to have a go.

As a matter of interest, does the hawumph cover adjoining rooms. Twice now I have managed to fee only to get singed before QQing.

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 30-01-2009 19:09   
It only hawumphs when you flee, and it hawumphs you AS you flee.

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
cleric

Posted: 30-01-2009 20:26   
This was the first bash I've participated in a while. Due to (ahem) unfortunate occurences, I had to participate as my lesser persona, since my main persona is just too tempting a target for those who just can't put aside the whole PK thing to go after the common enemy of the mobiles.

I helped out with keep, and managed to do in piglet (a mobile that successfully eluded us in a bash I remember from years ago), stag, dove, and a few other mobiles people might overlook.

I'll admit I didn't get Crazyfool's clue right away. It was after he clarified he was referring to the video game Street Fighter that I got the reference. "Okay, which mobile has a name that's like a name of a character from Street Fighter?", I thought. And then it hit me ... Bison.

I wasn't expecting the bison to be at the cellar steps, though. I was looking for it at the mountains when I heard it was there. Anyway, I arrived just in time to participate in dispatching it and earn the bonus (I was afraid I would lose the bonus after my connection quit on me).

Anyway, it was a good successful bash, despite all the problems.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 31-01-2009 00:10   
Great report Roy, Thanks

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 31-01-2009 08:16   
Quote:
Magician
cabalist

Not confusing at all.

Magician
cleric

Posted: 01-02-2009 20:12   
Fancy having a level called Magician!

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.