[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night'sbash (28/05)
Author Last Night'sbash (28/05)
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-05-2009 09:22   
I said last night that I had never felt less like doing a Bash write-up and I feel the same way this morning. It was a disaster. I do not know what the final score was but with 20 minutes to go there were still 78 mobiles left needing a kill rate of 4 per minute. I would say impossible at that stage of the set. Especially so, as there were only two of us North.

Anomander was the bete-noir. Anomander went round PK?ing every player in turn. And, as predicted last week, everyone including Xarubbabel hid in the Tearoom and was loath to come out.

I cannot but speculate on the motives of someone whose sole purpose is to disrupt the enjoyment of other people. This is like the moronic behaviour of a person who seeing four people enjoying a game of Monopoly deliberately upsets the board. His enjoyment is the destruction of theirs.

Next week is going to be worse once the other cretins have read my whinging. Normally I enjoy my weekly bash but in order to do so this coming week, I will need to takes steps. It has often been said that if you do not like being pk?d play a PP. And that?s just what I am going to do. I am going to create a new persona and try and bump him up to Priest if I can by Thursday. I urge all those who want to enjoy next week?s bash to do the same.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 29-05-2009 09:48   
It was a very tense bash last night. Seemed quite optimistic in the beginning, everyone was having a good time. Problem is after last week I am sure most of us were expecting more damn drama in one form or another. I don't know if little Mister Pk-happy (Anomander) read the forum, the events last week and thought mwhahaha lets poo all over this bash too but I very much doubt it. He is a well known pker, its just a damn shame and really bad timing that he chose to come in and spoil this bash.
I am so so so so sick of people saying "pfft, let it lie, its just a game" as I have heard this being said over the last week in regards to the mess of last Thursday. Yes, I agree. It is only a game BUT if you deliberately go out there, as Royston said, to completely mess it up you deserve a lit brand shoved up your backside.
Oh so sick of Mud politics. It is getting piddling ridiculous. This ain't Wireplay, we are all grown-ups for crying out loud. Can't we just have one damn bash or event without someone ruining it?

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 29-05-2009 10:48   
I'm inclined to agree mostly, that going round attacking newbies and low level personae during a bash is a bit extreme. At least attack players who either (a) deserve it or (b) are worthy of your skill level and are reasonably high level.

That said, I don't think players should have any lower expectations of being pked simply because it is a bash. The same ethos should apply as at any other time: if you're a lowlife/newbie then being pked should be frowned on (unless there's a reason), and if you're a highlife then you shouldn't expect to have an easy time, bash or not.

Bashes are a time for players to get enjoyment out of a sense of cooperation, but there are also some players who abuse this fact to try to score easy points (swamping treasure without contributing to SV, hiding in safe rooms for the bonuses, playing high warlocks/mages with lower expectation of being pked) and generally these are the only ones I'll attack at this time of the week.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-05-2009 11:23   
I can see where you are coming from Armand and I feel we have to play within the existing rules. So I do not advocate banning pk'ing during a bash, as was suggested at one time last night.

How do you stand on a Hi-life player using a lo-level persona? An experienced newbie?

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 29-05-2009 11:45   
i enjoy playing bashes and i don't play them for the points, i play them for the fun of being in the game with plenty of other players working towards a goal.
that said, as anyone who has ever spoken to me on the matter would believe me, i have absolutely no problem with people pk'ing other people mid-bash purely because it IS part of the game and even though maybe not be expected it should be thought about.
there's no point in making bashes non pk cause as armand say's it will give an easy ride so i'm absolutely dead set against making them non pk but that said if there is someone in the game who is working against the team what i would suggest would be very extreme and would probably make me somewhat hated in some circles but i'm going to mention it anyway and listen to replies..... people have mentioned before about ganging on people.... here's my thought on the matter, ganging up on someone is very bad and shouldn't be done but like i said if there is someone working against the group in a bash then i believe we should look at that "unwritten rule" very closely as it would prove quite a deterrent against people who would otherwise take out the team one by one.
well thats my thought on the matter and i'm sorry if it doesn't make any sense but my memory is rubbish and i can't remember what i wrote more then 3 lines up (so technically this message might come out all gobbledygoook but if you've had a spoken conversation with me you'll realise there's no change there)
peace out

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-05-2009 14:57   
I can see where you are coming from Armand and I feel we have to play within the existing rules. So I do not advocate banning pk'ing during a bash, as was suggested at one time last night.

How do you stand on a Hi-life player using a lo-level persona? An experienced newbie?

EDIT: The case of the double tap!

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 29-05-2009 18:57 ]

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 29-05-2009 15:49   
In ye olde days, whole houses were formed in the name of APK, and if someone PK'd in a bash, they'd all gang up and nobble them. Only trouble was this got a bit out of hand, and in the end the most skillful players in the game got sick of it and solo killed about 5 ganging-up apk'ers in one fight. It was kind of funny, really.

But you're right, what it needs is for people to be a bit more brave, and realise that while you may well die, it's still worth having a bash. Sitting in the tearoom isn't going to get you anywhere!

I realise that's a bit rich, since I haven't managed to log on in the last couple of months, but... uh... yea... uh...

Look I just love the sound of my voice ok?

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 29-05-2009 20:59   
Quote:

Well by lowlife and highlife I was referring to the game-level and not experience level.

I don't generally see the point in attacking a low-level persona from a high-level one even if they are experienced. I'm trying to think of situations where I'd do it and I've come up with: (1) They're prone to go to great lengths to avoid players when they reach a higher level (get 'em while you can) (2) They pick on low levels themselves (give them a taste of their own medicine) (3) Its for fun and both sides are ok with it (4) They are doing something unpleasant/undesirable

I think once you hit warlock you're fair game to anyone regardless of situation (e.g. bash) or experience level. However I know some pkers take the view that even inexperienced players should get used to the idea of being attacked at earlier levels from time to time, and I can't find too much fault with that (within reason), but I don't often practice it myself because I know there are others who will, and thats probably enough.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
angel
novice

Posted: 03-06-2009 22:23   
Ok, so I'm Anomander, the PK'er in question.

First off, I wasn't on the week before, I only came back the day before the bash, so I have no idea what happened previously.

Also, as Zordell said, I'm a PK'er. It's what I do. I enjoy the side of the game that's player vs player.
That said, I never attacked anyone below necro (i think, maybe a sorc, not sure) so it's not like I was attacking heroes and such.

Now, I don't always go on a PK spree like that and some bashes I like to participate like normal, it just so happened I felt like attacking the warlock and 2 necros sharing the land with me. I guess I'm just greedy or whatever.

I don't play this game to ruin other peoples fun and enjoymeny, it just so happens my fun from this game is detrimental to theirs. But it's part of the game and as far as I know still within the rules.

Nothing personal.

View Profile of angel      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-06-2009 08:26   
Angel, Thank you for your input. It is always good to hear the other persons point of view and you have quite convinced me that your behaviour was reasonable.

There was never any question that your conduct broke the rules the game or was even in that big grey area of being within the rules, but undesirable. In other words ?bad sportsmanship? such as sneaking, hiding in safe rooms during a bash and disregarding the ?two level guide?.

Now a PK on a bash is something we have to live with and I would never advocate changing the rules. But his presence is disruptive and gives the Bash-General (or whatever title the team captain is given) a problem. There are two solutions; one immediate and one long term. You can either bundle the PK (who will have at least 4 wfs.) or play a PP next time.

I shall be playing Roland the Priest tonight. Some may consider that cowardly. I don?t care. The best way to frustrate a PK is to present him with a land full of PPs.

Zordell
cleric

Posted: 04-06-2009 11:36   
Playing a pp is not cowardly at all- I think that's a really smart idea. You do get to relax more, focus on the bash itself without worrying about pk action plus you can sleep somewhere really silly like hut If anyone thinks you are being cowardly, tell them to talk to the hand yeah baby.

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 04-06-2009 12:29   
I used to be a PP. Nuff said.

Do the kids still say nuff?

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-06-2009 14:41   
I do.

caboose
cabalist

Posted: 04-06-2009 15:46   
you da man royston

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 04-06-2009 17:49   
Second childhood Roy?

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic