[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Game Suggestions » » Voting: Dear MUD admin..
Author Voting: Dear MUD admin..
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 14-10-2010 14:16   
Dear Mud Administrators,

Now that we have all the attention of the banner on topmudsites.com for the next 7 months, firstly, in case we do get any new players - I'd like to suggest that we do something different to keep the WHO list up because this is what will attract the new players in.
Secondly, my idea to keep the old mud players online in this important period we have invested in, is something different; something such as a 'Perm-Fix' task - A task running over the several months whilst we have the banner on topmudsites.com - where the winner will recieve a perm-fix on ONE of their persona.
I believe it has never been done before - this would be something totally new and original for MUD and could, with enough planning and forewarning announcements, bring in all the old players. I have a few ideas and hope others do too.. The task I had in mind would perhaps be "Persona with most dragon kills over 7 months", "Most scoring Persona" and other such accomplishments.. We could even have two or three prefixes to runners up with only the 'perm-fix' being for first place.
If you think it is too extreme having a player with a perm-fix i'm sure there are plenty of other rewards to give - all we need is an eye on the charts and one or two dedicated people to help out. If there is anything I can do to help just let me know.

There have been a lot of new players online last few days, it's lovely to see us making an effort together - hopefully this is the start of something good.

When I have more time I will be playing MUD more again. I'm sure you're all with me when I say that even a couple of new players would be absolutely awesome! Please consider my suggestion soon because once a new player QQ's without a WHO list on, they probably will think we are empty, then it's too late and I think the poor souls will miss out on this fantastic game never to return.

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 14-10-2010 17:48 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 14-10-2010 18:00   
Too long didn't read version:

Some long-term, competitive events over several months would be awesome!!!

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 14-10-2010 18:06   
Sounds like a good idea. Anything which encourages people to be online more often will be good.

I realise this isn't appropriate for MUDii (for obvious reasons), but I used to play Discworld MUD and you would actually get a small amount of exp for each second that you remained connected to the game. I guess in a way we have something like this, in the form of Eros.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 14-10-2010 23:14   
And of course, in the bonuses that kick in the longer you actually play, rather than sitting in the tearoom?

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 15-10-2010 00:13   
Yeah, I forgot about those.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Sabretooth
Wizard

Posted: 15-10-2010 08:54   
I think a perma-fix reward based upon most dragon kills is an interesting incentive spread over 7 months. Anything that will bring back old players to actually play and not sit in the tea room is good for mud, we must do all we can for the duration of this banner on topsites, people have spent hard earned money on this so im willing to do all I can to help. I will be sitting on mud VIS mon to fri, 9am to 6pm to greet old and new players, and to run any quests or sorc wars, bashes whatever the players want to do really.

View Profile of Sabretooth      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-10-2010 18:04   

Sabretooth,

That is really good ( sounds like a job!! ) and should ease newbies and oldsters back into the game knowing it IS still supported.

Hell, I may even make space to play again!!!!

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-10-2010 18:10   
Zedar,

From the "other" Mud II, there used to be a Player of the Month award with a prefix ( for the month? ) and a Death of the Month similarly... perhaps something that could happen here?

Obviously many of these sort of ideas need Wizard / game management support, to review the game stats / logs / inormation of who did what when which will take a bit of time & effort, and isn't available to mere mortals.

Some of us did websites with tables of most dragon kills, most mobile kills, most T swamped etc. which Foddy provided the info for ( in my case anyway! Hawumph could get his own info!!!)

Google Vulnax and my old site should come up pretty high ( not updated for 3 years + ) and Not Updating Persona for Hawumphs.

Looks like this is working out...

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-10-2010 18:11   
Make it easy ..

http://vulnax.users.btopenworld.com/

Can't access to edit now, BT have changed systems!!! A piece of MUD ii history!

and

http://www.hawumph.co.uk/

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 15-10-2010 18:12 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 15-10-2010 18:12 ]

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.