[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » Films, TV and Music » » TV Programmes of the 1980s
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author TV Programmes of the 1980s
Seamus
friar

Posted: 23-08-2001 01:27   
Since this is the first thread for this forum, I have decided to walk down memory lane. Preferably to the decade I was actually born in (1981 incidently).

What were the TV programmes that you remembered and enjoyed and what ones did your nut in?

A-Team - who could honestly forget the 4 ex-soldiers who could build a tank complete with ammunition from a bale of hay, a couple of needles and some water melons?

Rainbow - Why didn't Zippy just unzip himself. He did have his own hands didn't he?

Knightrider - David Hasslehoff gave us bouncing busty lifeguards 1 decade later. Tell me someone who didn't like that car?

Seamus

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 23-08-2001 12:59   
Quincy ME was quality, although I think that was 70's.

It's on after neighbours most days, which is class

Not that I would ever admit to watching neighbours...ahem.

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 27-08-2001 23:48   
Ok, technically not from the '80s but I watched it in the 80s. Either way, I don't care, I'm still posting about it anyways!

HOGAN'S HEROES!

God.. I adored Bob Crane who played Hogan in it (who was murdered in RL). Wanted to marry him until I found out he was dead, then that idea became a bit hard.. not impossible though. I think it was actually a '70s or '60s series, but not sure. I knew them off by heart anyways.

hmm... I do much better talking about 80s toys... like Golden Girl (not the old women!) etc... but then again, it doesn't fit into this catergory :-/

[ This Message was edited by: Shantigh on 27-08-2001 23:49 ]

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 31-08-2001 11:05   
Hmm...was that annoying game show with Moria Stewart around in the 80s...

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Witch

Posted: 05-09-2001 23:13   
Quote:

On 31-08-2001 11:05, Theman wrote:
Hmm...was that annoying game show with Moria Stewart around in the 80s...

The Adventure Game? The one where they had to cross that wierd votex thingy at the end and if they moved onto the wrong square they got teleported away? I liked that programme, although I never really worked out what they had to do, at the time.

View Profile of  Karya   Email  Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 06-09-2001 17:22   
If I recall the games were ok but the show was let down by the presenter (she'd show them the puzzle then run away). And did they really work out all the puzzles themselves?

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 08-09-2001 09:06   
Hold on while I stare blankly at my monitor.........

Ok, I can't remember this adventure game

The only game shows I can think of where Treasure Hunt with Annika (sp?) Rice and also Fun House with Pat Sharp and those 2 rather fit twins

<drools>

Seamus

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 08-09-2001 10:11   
Ahh..treasure hunt..was that the show with the helicopter?

Seamus
friar

Posted: 08-09-2001 19:17   
Yup, it was where Anneka had to fly over a certain county with clues these 2 diddys in the studio has to solve where Anneka had to go to get the next clue.

I think they got ?20 for every one Anneka picked up <mocks channel 4>

Annabel Ford took over from Anneka after a few years but it wasn't the same.

Theman
cleric

Posted: 10-09-2001 17:00   
They don't make TV game shows like they used to, where are the modern versions of The Crystal Maze (or that thing with John Leslie?)

Seamus
friar

Posted: 11-09-2001 14:26   
Was that programme with John Leslie the one that was supposed to be on a spaceship that had been taken over by a bunch of aliens or terrorists and the contestants had to do various tasks that gave them time to get out into their space pod? If it is then I can't remember the name of the show.

Unless you mean Wheel of Fortune (previously hosted by Nicky Campbell) on ITV at the moment

Seamus

Syl
protector

Posted: 15-09-2001 00:42   
Wasn't it called Challenge Anneka (sp?) ?

View Profile of Syl      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 15-09-2001 15:43   
Yeah that's the John Leslie program (not Wheel of fortune )

Challenge Anneka was a different program to treasure hunt, she did gardens for old people and things in that.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 16-09-2001 23:26   
What about Knightmare? COME ON! Best program ever made!

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 17-09-2001 19:16   
Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy!!!!!
boohoo poor Douglas Adams

View Profile of Huff   Email Huff   Goto the website of Huff   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 17-09-2001 21:18   
Oh yeah, Knightmare was so cool, especially when you knew the answers to the riddles etc and the guys or gals there never.

There was a series of books that came with Knightmare (along with a C64 game which i was crap at ) and I got the first couple of books but then the series died as quickly as Tregard's tailor.

Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 17-09-2001 23:59   
Knightmare never died Seamus.

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 18-09-2001 00:32   
I was talking about the books.

For some reason they weren't as successful as the TV programme

Eric
cleric

Posted: 21-09-2001 01:22   
www.knightmare.com

You can download vids of people actually beating the game, which wasn't very often. Plus the theme tune was class

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 21-09-2001 23:42   
Quote:
I am certainly not ruling it out, and I would like to thank you all for caring about its prospects as much as I do. So remember: in life, as in the greater game, one rule stands pre-eminent:

The only way is onward
There is no turning back

Here's hoping

It's funny, cause I still remember that quote was said at the end of every episode of Knightmare and it brought back so many memories

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.