[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 21/07/2011-
Author Bash Report 21/07/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-07-2011 09:10   
This is one report I am not looking forward to writing. What should have been a straightforward but difficult game, with only three mortals playing, was marred by an unpleasant and unnecessary incident, which although not directed towards me, left me considering leaving the game altogether. As it is, in the future, if I see a particular player on I will quit that particular game. (Even a Bash).

I have been in two minds about saying anything about it at all but I feel I should discuss the bad times as well as the good. I will bring out a full report later today as usual.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-07-2011 10:15 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-07-2011 11:55   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 21ST JULY 2011.

Entering the Elizabethan Tearoom, I noted that I was the fifth player on, the others being Savage the Necromancess, Folly the Necromancer and Gayer the Sorceress. I went North and landed in Dangerous Cliff. The first thing I try to remember to do is ?glow? and ?site? wherever I land and select a more sensible site as the game progresses. As we shall see later this was to have dire consequences. The best weapons were soon taken but I managed to arm myself with the falchion. I decided to start on the Goblins and it was while I was finding my way there that the following occurred (I quote from my log):

Stony beach.
*In the distance, you hear the whistling feedback of a failed finger of death spell...
In the distance, you hear a bell toll.
*obit
No-one above novice level has died in a fight this reset.
The following have died to FODs from mortals this reset:
Savage the drunk necromancess, violently disintegrated by a failed attempt to FOD Savage the drunk necromancess.

I offer no explanation.

I went into the Goblins from the Beach and dealt with G2 and G3. On my way to the Guard Room, as you might expect I ran into G10. I was just getting ready to flee when he succumbed. My stamina was down to 24. In the Guard Room I managed G11 but G12 was proving difficult. Recklessly I fled on just 1 Stam. What happened next is worth a further quote from my log. I should explain that when I do flee I like to take my kit with me. I think most of you know how this is done but I will edit the log in case you do not know this trick. Basically it is a string command which I will call [a].[b].[c]. [c] is simply a command to put as much distance between you and your foe. This can be ?o??? or as I used here ?rs?.

The goblin12 hits you (1/105).
You miss the goblin12.
*[a].[b].rs
*[result of a]
*[result of b]
*Your spell works!
Dangerous cliff.
A deadly viper slithers by your feet...
The power of the magic has put you to sleep!
*You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 1.
The viper sinks its fangs into your flesh.
Stamina=0...
You feel your life halting...
You have been killed by the viper.
Falchion dropped.
Key52 dropped.
Dart0 dropped.
Knife1 dropped.
Die dropped.
You are no longer a member of house "MA".
Not updating persona.

OK I admit I was reckless but it was DEAD unlucky to land on the Viper.

Now we come to the unpleasant event. It is generally accepted that you cannot do much useful bashing with a low maximum stam. You need at least 80 and 90 is more comfortable. So when you die Dead-dead you need to get to Swordsman as quickly as you can. And although you have no right to expect it, a Wiz will often dote on you to get you to Warrior quickly, occasionally even unto Swordsman. Now Gaia in the Tearoom took it on himself to hug me up to Warrior from purely altruistic motives. He was summarily FODDED for his kindness towards me. Nothing he did was illegal. It looks as though someone lost their self-control and went completely OTT. Here is the log for this bit:

Gaia the warlock gives you a great big hug!
(Persona saved on +13 = 884).
*Gaia the warlock gives you a great big hug!
(Persona saved on +13 = 897).
*You hear the thunderous roar of a finger of death spell!
Gaia the warlock violently disintegrates.
Gaia the warlock kicks the bucket.
In the distance, you hear a bell toll.
*Cenedra the mage shouts "could just come to tearoom and laugh at drunken gaia, its quite funny".
*Severace the protector has just arrived.
*qw
Crazyfool the stand-up wizard
Heiach the chimerical wizard
Severace the protector
Royston the warrior
Cenedra the mage
Folly the necromancer
*Severace the protector laughs, out loud.
*Cenedra the mage shouts "never mind".
*You can't believe it, as Crazyfool the stand-up wizard almost falls into the room, looking drunk.
*Crazyfool the stand-up wizard waves.
*obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Royston the sorcerer, killed by the viper.
The following have died to FODs from mortals this reset:
Savage the drunk necromancess, violently disintegrated by a failed attempt to FOD Savage the drunk necromancess.
*Cenedra the bash-general mage says "jesus".
*Severace the protector says "oh no".
*Heiach the chimerical wizard says "sorry, he was spamming like crazy".
*You now feel up to attacking other players, should you so desire.
*Severace the protector says "any chance you could undo that".
*Cenedra the mage says "so does osterbane he normally gets pushed north".

I needed to get to Swordsman as quickly as possible and so I looted the Inn of treasure which together with helping Folly with the Banshee got me 28 points short of the necessary 1600. I went down the Well. I fled from the first Watersnake which meant I now had to kill two before I made Swordsman. I went back and killed it but fled again on the second snake. And when I was staming up from this encounter, I got a 50 point survival bonus which pushed me up to Swordsman and a more comfortable Max. Stam of 90. From now on it was pretty plain sailing. Until that is, now armed with the longsword, I thought I would mix it with a few dwarfs. The longsword helped a bit but somehow whilst engaged with four of the dwarfs at one time, I got into a conversation with Folly and lost my concentration.

I felt bad enough after my previous death caused all that trouble but I felt a lot worse now that I had repaid Gaia?s kindness by getting killed a second time. However I was gratified to see Gaia back up to Warlock as I reappeared in the Tearoom.

At this stage we all more or less retired from the game with 47 left in 9 minutes to go.

The only on-going business is that I have been promised a pint of beer at the next MUDmeet

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-07-2011 12:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-07-2011 12:07 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
trollsmash
cleric

Posted: 22-07-2011 13:05   
It seems like you've had quite an epic bash out there.
Especially the part where you sacrificed yourself for the good sake of a falchion!
=)

[ This Message was edited by: trollsmash on 22-07-2011 13:07 ]

View Profile of trollsmash      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Folly
pioneer

Posted: 22-07-2011 21:58   
Taking on the viper on 1 stam? I'm impressed! I think it's something we can all draw inspiration from.

Sometimes you have to go north and take on the best that the Land can throw at you. Stand toe to toe with the most vicious creatures out there, look them in the eye, let them know you're not quitting, you're not fleeing. Not today. Let them feel the fear when they realise that it's kill or be killed, no retreat no surrender, death or glory!!!

*You hit the baby dwarf (1-4).
The baby dwarf looks superficially injured.
The baby dwarf hits you (7/115).
The baby dwarf bawls "WAAAAAHH".
*use pick
You are now using the pick0 to fight!
*You hit the baby dwarf (10-14).
You have killed the baby dwarf.
(+6 = 32,253).

View Profile of Folly      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 22-07-2011 22:38   
Quote:

On 22-07-2011 11:55, royston wrote:
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 21ST JULY 2011.

The only on-going business is that I have been promised a pint of beer at the next MUDmeet

Blimey! Have Sussex Constabulary been informed????

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 23-07-2011 17:06   
You mean the fodder Heiach?

Quote:

On 22-07-2011 09:10, royston wrote:
This is one report I am not looking forward to writing. What should have been a straightforward but difficult game, with only three mortals playing, was marred by an unpleasant and unnecessary incident, which although not directed towards me, left me considering leaving the game altogether. As it is, in the future, if I see a particular player on I will quit that particular game. (Even a Bash).

I have been in two minds about saying anything about it at all but I feel I should discuss the bad times as well as the good. I will bring out a full report later today as usual.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-07-2011 10:15 ]

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 23-07-2011 21:28   
Why didn't the FOD of Gaia show up on the (2nd) obit?

royston
ranger

Posted: 23-07-2011 21:47   
Quote:

On 23-07-2011 17:06, Vulnax wrote:
You mean the fodder Heiach?

Don't you foddin' start.

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 24-07-2011 10:57   
Quote:

On 23-07-2011 21:28, royston wrote:
Why didn't the FOD of Gaia show up on the (2nd) obit?

Wiz fods don't show.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 24-07-2011 16:55   
Quote:

Wiz fods don't show.

So Wizzes can stalk the Land, like Herod, slaughtering the innocent and leave no trace?

Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 25-07-2011 12:45   
Quote:

On 24-07-2011 16:55, royston wrote:
So Wizzes can stalk the Land, like Herod, slaughtering the innocent and leave no trace?

No trace on obit, traces in tearoom and forum though.

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 25-07-2011 21:46   
LOL

See, even Arches' have a sense of humour ....

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.