Author Bash Report 5/12/13 +
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 03:22   
We Won - details to follow later when I get time to write something up

That is Official btw!

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 06-12-2013 03:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Kiwijock on 06-12-2013 19:45 ]

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 05:51   
It bode well in the tea room just before 9. Two Warlocks and a couple of Necromancers - all of us in search of a new record - Our hearts jumped with the appearance of Droo, now the Radioactive Wizard, who unfortunately did not hang around for the bash itself - well not that we could see anyway.

Follwing the 9pm reset Folly, Stompy, Shineon, Bluestone and Pushover headed north......

I (Shineon for those of you who dont know) left the Bees to Folly this time - he later admitted in the TR that he didnt kill one - presumably letting it die by stinging him - like me I think he likes to see 10 Bees on his personal Obit list! Beaten to the Dagger I settled for the blade as usual - soon upgrading (I think) to the Femur.

I started off with some insects, and a few birds, and the ram, and was just getting that thieving MAgpie out of the way when the call went up to get to the classical ruin. Bluestone had set it up and with the ceremony over I headed off to do the watersnakes as we were missing the 'King of the Snakes' - Royston (another reason I am doing this write up!) As I worked my way thru them I heard the cry go up for help at the PC as Stompy was heading in to the Goblins, someone called "Rats", another informed us they had killed the most feared creature in the land - "the Mouse", and someone else claimed the Sharks. Soon the cry of "FLOODING" came about - quickly followed by "NOOO", and then "Tooo Late!", oh dear - who got caught? A quick call to housekeeping and the mess was cleaned up

This was where it got interesting - a cry of "Where's the chart?" indicated that someone had likely done the rats and was now heading off to see the dragon - quite a few dicussions ensued and it later transpired that Stompy drowned while following the directions given to him cos the chart was on the island!!! Lost all his wafers too..... I believe Pushover finsihed the dragon off - and this combination of factors may well have been the casue of some argy bargy between these two later. You decide.

I Finished off the snakes and headed off to clean up the top of the mountain while others attacked the Pagoda - Folly I believe went up the building itself with several others picking off Apes and other mixed MOs around. The vote for Bash general came in with three names - two of whom were not even playing!

By now the qw showed:
Heiach the chimerical wizard
Stompy the warlock
Carnifex the warrior
Osterbane the flappy novice
Zpike the protector
Pushover the necromancer
Shineon the dragonfly-slaying warlock
Folly the necromancer
Bluestone the necromancer

Pushover actually picked up the bash-general title.

We were at 66 MOs left with 76 minutes to go - good stats!

I looked around for the Dagger and saw it was in the ogre's lair - but someone had left incense and lotus just outside so my head was soon spinning - eventually I managed to poison the ogre and escape to sober up. At least I had a decent weapon now. Just as well.

An enraged ape (ape11) snarls at you, wildly.

At last we heard the roar of the Dragon dying and it was only 9.45 with 45 Mobs left!

I cleared up some of the formal gardens, and about this time I think Folly, Bluestone and Stompy may well have been in the Dwarfs. Stompy told me later in the TR that he had not done many this time and the others had done the bulk of them. Soon we were at 30 Mobs in 52 mins.

about now I checked the obit:
obit
The following players have died in fights this reset:
Zpike the protector, killed by the ogre,
Osterbane the flappy warrior, killed by Stompy the warlock,
Solaire the protector, killed by 2 apes.

That explained how I found the dagger anyway - and apparently (as Stompy told me later) Osterbane had just attacked himn for no reason.

There were some Apes left and the Giant snake - so I headed off into the pagoda area. Stompy was having a nap in the ordination room so I headed in to the GS alone - silly move - should have waited........ after fleeing I ended up at my site with a STA of 6 - then the RF spell wore off and I was on 1!!!!!!! back to the TR double quick, where a friendly field medic (it might have been a wiz) stuffed some wafers down my throat so i could return (Thanks Hei!) Stompy then shoutred that the Giant Snake was easy - I wonder why?

The last few were proving hard - The Crocodile hid three rooms into the swamp and took a bit of tracking down - not sure who got it. The last SK fell, leaving only the Golem. Shineon intended going in but there was a mix up on the timing and Bluestone ended up doing the deed on under 50% STA - well done!

We got the 3K and headed back to the TR - personally I thought it was a good bash - I think most of the others had a good time too - roll on next week with the Giants making a welcome re-appearance after a long absence - oh dear the last time they did Kiwi died.........

View Profile of kiwijock   Email kiwijock      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 05:59   
apologies to Kaif - I missed your other report! - good news though we tell basically the same story

kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 06:40   
OOPS - title should say bash Report 5/12 - can an Arch fix that !!!! (damn time travel fuddles the mind )

OK - Fixed now

[ This Message was edited by: kiwijock on 07-12-2013 04:09 ]

kaif
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 07:29   
Quote:

On 06-12-2013 05:59, kiwijock wrote:
apologies to Kaif - I missed your other report!

No problem. I'll insert it here so that it all ends up in the same thread.

Bash Relay Report 5/12/13

It was a dark and stormy night (somewhere). Heiach the wizard was officiating so it must have been an official bash. Stompy, Folly, Shineon, Bluestone, Pushover and Osterbane all ventured north. Bluestone tripped over the dagger and then lost it to another player when he went back for it. But the trusty staff, a key and a visit to the Basilisk and the Pagoda were in his immediate future. He found some vials, a wafer or two and a few other things that rounded out his kit. He killed an ape and a monk with Folly and then teamed up with Pushover and Folly to tackle the Citadel. There were a lot of unfriendly dwarves in there but dwarf46 always seems happy to have visitors.

Some delicate negotiations with Stompy ensued. He and Pushover had a disagreement about who would venture forth to kill the dragon. Like strategic theory about two superpowers fighting between themselves giving the opportunity for a third power to rise, Bluestone eventually ended up with a lot of someone else?s kit. More dwarves, a mean tiger (what have they been feeding him?), some sea creatures with sharp teeth and wings, undead and swamp monsters were all cut down one by one.

At one point, several people were shouting about how little stamina they had -- I hope they continue with these sorts of notifications during normal play. Bluestone ended up facing the golem by mistake and was able to add another task to his short list. Victory was ours!

Please add to this (passes the baton) --

[ This Message was edited by: Kaif on 06-12-2013 08:11 ]

View Profile of kaif      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 06-12-2013 09:21   
Quote:

On 06-12-2013 06:40, kiwijock wrote:
OOPS - title should say bash Repot 5/12 - can an Arch fix that !!!! (damn time travel fuddles the mind )

I have found out that you can edit the title of any thread originated by you in the normal way. I am not sure, off the top of my head, if you have to go back to the original posting or if it can be done on any subsequent comment.

And that's unofficial!

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
kiwijock
cleric

Posted: 06-12-2013 19:46   
Thanks for the tip Royston I have now fixed it

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.