[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Next MUD meet ... summer 2002
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Author Next MUD meet ... summer 2002
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 15-05-2002 00:42   
Well, are you all rested and refreshed since the last meet?
What .. you missed it? Wow, what a zombie. Go view the plentiful pics right now!

It seems like I 'volunteered' to sort the next meet, and it is more mid England based for all you out of reach players up north! (hears quiet hoorays ).

Date to be arranged, as we should really have Richard Bartle there, and our very own Arch Wiz and game manager Foddy present to make it a real meet ... I will let you all know dates later depending on their availability. It is hoped to hold the meet in the University hols so all the student types can come along... no excuses about course work please! A saturday is expected to be the meet day.

So to the venue.
How does a big pub, with bar food and attached restaurant sound ( that covers lunch and dinner then! ).
With a 'reserved' area for us, seating 30 - 40 no probs but all in close proximity - and a beer garden on Karya's request .. ok, it's concrete but it IS outside!!!
Also attached is a motel .. erm forgot chain but about ?45 a room, yes a room, so how many can we get in a room!!
Now, if we get enough people staying over, I have ben promised discount on the rooms and maybe food ... but we need numbers .. ( Bah easy peasy I think! ).

The meet is to be held 400 yards off the M62 junction 7 roundabout, in the northwest of England, between Widnes/Runcorn, St.Helens/Prescot, 20 miles from Liverpool and Manchester.
Look it up on your map software!

The village is quiet so I guess we will stay in the pub ( 1 Italien restaurant and several chinese and indian takeaways only nearby.. 1 other close pub .. )

Any comments etc. please post so we / I can get this on the road!

Please tell your friends / old players who we used to see...

Contact details and dirs to be posted later.

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Droo
Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2002 11:55   

Good idea,

Dates are important to confirm, as i have to FLY, yes FLY over, the fast the dates are released the cheaper my flights (good bless easy jet). Near liverpool is probably the most accessable part of england i can get to (although Im thinking Dublin ala Grumpy's mudmeet).

Put simply; Yes. Ill go.

Thanks for listening to me ramble.
--*Droo

View Profile of Droo        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 15-05-2002 12:46   
As someone once said, if its mud and beer related, I'd go to the opening of an envelope.

So count me in! Long as its not end of July/beginning of August - for this year I am off to sunny spain .......

Viva Espagna!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Eric
cleric

Posted: 15-05-2002 15:06   
I might be tempted...30 miles from me

View Profile of Eric   Goto the website of Eric   ICQ status           Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Snowman
novice

Posted: 15-05-2002 20:11   
Hm - sounds tempting alright. If it's after the World Cup, I might be on for it. Could you give us an idea of date ASAP so I can book a flight?

Grumpy (.com)

[ This Message was edited by: Snowman on 15-05-2002 20:11 ]

View Profile of Snowman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 21-05-2002 15:58   
I am interested if people I know will be there. Sounds good to me...sommet to do over summer bar coursework and disseration

Mankoid

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 22-05-2002 19:39   
This sounds a lot easier for me to get to than the other meets! Depending on dates, you may well see me there!

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 23-05-2002 12:43   
Due to overwhelming demand the next mud meet web site has been created to provide a little more info on an ongoing basis leading up to the meet.

Vulnax's Vault Of Virtual Veracity {(c) Hawumph, 2002 } is in it's early stages of build ( like, thrown together ! ) and will be evolving.

Enjoy, comments on here or to me at Vulnax@btinternet.com.

Enter the Vault here http://vulnax.users.btopenworld.com

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 23-05-2002 12:49   
Did I say it is looking like August 17th is the lucky day picked to host the next Mud Meet ?

Vully

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 23-05-2002 12:50 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 13-06-2002 16:59   
Ok, Mudmeet news update.

It's still on, and getting heavy publicity from the Management!

The pub it is being held in has agreed to give us discount on twin rooms .. from ?45 to ?34, and they don't mind if it's 2 people who are taking advantage of the rate to share a room! Better tell 'em it's the 17 August meet as arranged recently, with Rita the Landlady! They won't understand MUD until I provide more details to them!

I don't suppose we have any idea of numbers keen to come yet then?

I'll be updating the Website soonish, with a little more info on the meet and other stuff!

Enjoy!

Vully

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 13-06-2002 17:01 ]

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 16-06-2002 11:16   
I'm going to try to get time off work, but it's really unlikely I'll get it because I keep taking time off for roleplay weekends and my boss is getting tetchy.

(And as a small bit of advertising, if anyone is interested in going to a weekend long horror roleplay weekend, the next one is being held, starting Friday the 13th of September till Sunday the 15th. It costs ?45 for the weekend which includes accomodation & all meals. The event takes place at Featherstone Castle in Carlisle, pictures of which can be found here:

http://www.krypt.co.uk/roleplay/

Anyways, advertising mode over)

- Seren x

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Droo
Wizard

Posted: 19-06-2002 01:23   
Role play weekends? is that like when you go into the hills and dress up as maidens and knights etc?

Oh, just looked at the pictures... i notice thre are none of you.

[ This Message was edited by: Droo on 19-06-2002 01:25 ]

View Profile of Droo        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 19-06-2002 13:02   
Oh no, she's going to explain it now and I know it's not going to be pretty....

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 19-06-2002 14:59   
I am in one of the pictures... Um, if you look down them and there's one of a guy in a wheelchair and a girl on her knees at his feet clutching a broom and in hysterics ... well that's me... I was kinda drunk... My head also features in the auction picture, and I'm also in a picture rooting through the doctor's office.

Basically it's murder mystery - it's modern day horror, so no knights and maidens... more likely to find Nazis and businessmen wandering around. It's like being part of a twisted horror movie, where anything can happen (we've seen a guy hang himself [safely in a harness, I might add], set his head on fire, bodies falling out of windows, rooms blowing up, car crashes, demons, zombies etc).

They are good fun... but if you are into knights and maidens... that's dark ages stuff, which I also do... but I do it with a group of folk who are highly organised and have a website <g> You can find out more about the Gall Saga (dark ages events) by going to http://www.gallsaga.com - I'm going to my next one this weekend, and it's a gall saga one.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Kurupt
friar

Posted: 26-06-2002 16:24   
Sounds like a larf... But something like that may well bring out the insanity in me.

View Profile of Kurupt      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 05-07-2002 19:10   
Ok

Back on the Next MudMeet 2002 topic.

Hope you are all making arrangements! Not sure if there are (m)any other guest houses in the area ( only found 1 on the 'net so far ).

If intending to stay at the motel then when booking tell them it is for the weekend arranged for Saturday 17 Aug as arranged with Rita. Get's you the discount room see!

Hope to see you all there, if we get enough there may well be live events too!

V

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 27-07-2002 18:22   
Right, late July update for the MUDii Meet

Still set for 17th August, a Saturday.
Arrive by 2pm, earlier if it suits!

Rooms are available at the discount rate but please mention MUDMEET to the receptionist,as some of you have so far not got the cheap rate!

Use the internet for road and rail directions, as per the links off my web page, as I may have missed the odd turning out of my drive thru dirs!

Pippin may be kind enough to advise on train routes / times to get to the local station.

See you there!

Vully

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 30-07-2002 23:24   
Now, some comfirmed people for the meet. Well, they tell me they are coming and have booked rooms, so I guess that's confirmed.

That nice Richard Bartle should be with us, Foddy will fly in on his cloud, Karya will be present in all her multi coloured glory and Hawumph will blow in on a dragons breath!
Vulnax will be there, inevitably, and some of our Irish colleagues were suggesting they will fly over especially, ( Droo and Grumpy, but not confirmed with me ) and a few of the returning people may well make the little trip up north for the event - see the forum above for hints.

So, what would you expect at this meet??

Beer, Food, yes it's all available.

Fun and frolicks - yeah, maybe a MUD PUB quiz, maybe Quiz the Wiz ( subject to them agreeing to do it ... questions submited first tho! and no secret stuff to solve puzzles .. )

Photo opportunity with the lands greatest and (in)famous - these abound, look at the last few meets photos!

So why hesitate, all isn't lost! Come along to the sunny north west ( at least we missed the thunderstorms today! ) and enjoy a convivial meet up with like minded ... erm... people. !

c ya soon!

Vully

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 30-07-2002 23:25 ]

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 11-08-2002 00:57   
Don't forget, just 1 week away from the Mud Meet.

V

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 11-08-2002 23:52   
So you know about the Mudii Meet next Saturday. Want to be there but can't make it? Why not be there in spirit!

We're hoping to hold a 'Quiz the Wiz' session, where the mortals, and sneaky Immortals can put a question to the Land's ruling body, the Wizzes.

If you would like a question to be put to the Wizzes and can't make the meet, please mail me and I WILL ask that question!

mail Vulnax@btinternet.com

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.