[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Event Suggestion: A whodunnit in The Land
Author Event Suggestion: A whodunnit in The Land
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 07-06-2024 16:17   
MUD2 has been around for decades now, and during that time, there have been many special event sets to liven things up. As well as mobile bashes, we've had treasure hunt bashes, special holiday events, 'Quest Nights' (where special areas such as a haunted Scottish castle or an ice palace are added to the set), and sorc wars (where special 'sorcerized' persona battle it out).

But as far as I know, a MUD2 'mystery' scenario has never been done before.

Here's my suggestion for how it could be done.

Four or more wizmorts venture out into The Land. One of the wizmorts is PK'ed by one of the other wizmorts turned invisible. Once this has happened, the rest of the players leave the tearoom and have to determine who the guilty party is: Who murdered the victim, where, and with what?

It's basically what you get when you cross MUD2 with Clue.

The players playing detective would wander around The Land, finding clues as to the murder weapon (MUD2 of course has no shortage of those), the scene where it took place, and of course the identity of the guilty party.

The player who puts all these together and correctly answers all three questions would be given the biggest reward.

I've had this idea for a number of years now, to be honest, but I don't know if I've ever suggested it outside of brief mentions in tearoom conversations until now. Largely because I'm not sure if it's a doable idea.

What it'd need in order to work is a good setup in advance with pre-planning, as well as a good player turnout (three or four players playing detective would be a good turnout). If it could be made to work, it could be a good bit of fun.

So, does anyone else think this is a good idea? Any further suggestions on how the scenario might work?

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 07-06-2024 16:32   
Great idea, I would love to join in!

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 14-06-2024 01:16   
Quote:

Any further suggestions on how the scenario might work?

Hey

This kept my brain busy for around an hour, so thank you.

PHASE ONE- THE MURDER!

Each player takes a seperate piece of paper from a pile. On each piece is a list of tasks. One piece tells a player they have no tasks, because they are the murderer! No other player besides the murderer is allowed to use the WHERE and VIS spells until their tasks are complete.

PHASE TWO- WHODUNNIT!?

Once the bell tolls, players are given just 2 minutes to move around and to yell out. The murderer can yell too. Then everyone investigates The Land on a timer (10 minutes?) Votes on who murdered are then cast.

Murder Phase only needs a minimum of 3 players. If the murderer fails, is killed, can you prove your defense within the alloted time?

Tasks to unlock WHERE and VIS can be generic so kill 6 zombies, score 2000 points, or they could be related to the murderer event itself.

It might be an idea for us to pool together ideas for tasks, as we could also use the tasks again for other events?

Anyway, hope my ideas at least foster some inspiration. I had another fun bash this week. And I look forward to the report. Thanks all!
Zed.

~snip 15.06~

[ This Message was edited by: miek on 15-06-2024 13:09 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Heiach
Wizard

Posted: 03-07-2024 11:42   
This sounds a little like Among Us? Not a bad thing, but MUDII Among Us could be fun as well!

View Profile of Heiach   Email Heiach   Goto the website of Heiach          Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 03-07-2024 20:37   
Quote:

On 03-07-2024 11:42, Heiach wrote:
This sounds a little like Among Us? Not a bad thing, but MUDII Among Us could be fun as well!

Not sure if it'd be like that. I was more inspired by Clue/Cluedo than Among Us.

But anyway, a MUDII whodunnit could be fun if we could find the right way to do it.

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.