[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » I am royally pissed now...
Author I am royally pissed now...
Miath
pilgrim

Posted: 30-08-2002 04:55   
Okay... so I knew i was going to die...
I'm not some sort of idiot who wraps his head in cotton wool and thinks to himslef..
"Nothing can hurt me.. tra la la!"
That aint me...
But my GOOD GOD!
I spent all day and most of the night getting back on my feet.
Bully for all you peeps who have been playing years and can get to Sorcerer in one reset but it takes me signifigantly longer.
The last little while i have made Hero/Super a couple of times and not been able to go that extra mile..
But today i made Sorc again.. I was very pleased...
(Ask Sep about Golden Birdshit)

So... Me and Thwomp both make Sorc and off we go to play some CS...
and back we come... into the Land
Thwomp mentions an invisible MU and says
"I'm gonna have a go..."

Yes yes, good for you, i dont wanna hear it.. i dont do the PK thing.
So Thwomp obviously gets Bockered.
At which point.. THIS PLEA comes ringing out like a Bell in the misty evening air...

*A female voice in the distance shouts "Is there anyone that just wants to
play instead of kill kill kill?".

So i say yes.. thats fine.. sorry about him he's unstable,
La la la etc..

And i go off to do Rats.. which i do and of course after rats on my own I am in a bad way. I head up to the Large bedroom to get some kip.
And lo and behold...

ZZZzzz...
*You have just been woken up!
Your stamina is 41.
You are winded by the violence of a masterly lunge by someone.
Stamina=0...
You feel your lifeblood halting...
You have been killed by someone.
Sack0 dropped.
Unlit brand40 dropped.
Coal dropped.
Fork1 dropped.
Key1 dropped.
Net dropped.
Not updating persona.

Now...
How do u think i felt at this point... its 4.30 am... nobody else was on but me and Thwomp.. so it was the same anti Pker that snuck up on me and hit me for 40 dmg..
WHILE I WAS SLEEPING...
AFTER COMPLAINING ABOUT PKers.

Now yes i should have been more careful...
Perhaps i did not expect a BLATANT LIE from the other party regarding their stance on PKing as i happen to be quite a trusting person.
I see now that having trust in this game is something that is useless.
They were a Warlock... to hit a Sorcerer... a NEWBIE sorcerer while on low health, while asleep, while you are invisible, after STATING that u were not interested in Pking.
Alright i should have seen it coming but GOD DAMN IT!

My point in all this... is that the PKing in this game is based on opportunism for the greater part...
I am not able to deal with this, it will drive me mad.
I could play a PP but why should I?
I dont disagree with PKing but that was just harsh.
I am unsure of the point i am trying to make. I am not COMPLAINING as such, I am just thinking that perhaps my eyes have been opened a little wider. Mark my words from now on... if and when u see me it will not be a pleasant experience.
I am very angry.

View Profile of Miath   ICQ status       Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miath
pilgrim

Posted: 30-08-2002 15:09   

View Profile of Miath   ICQ status       Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miath
pilgrim

Posted: 30-08-2002 15:09   
New day.. feel better

Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 31-08-2002 01:24   
it happens dude, i lost a mage to the same kind of thing. the answer is to keep trusting people and keep dying, thats what i did

whoever said that stuffing 15 oreos into your mouth while playing the guitar and singing wasnt possible had not met pants!

[ This Message was edited by: Billygoat on 31-08-2002 01:25 ]

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 31-08-2002 19:37   
The thing is Miath... you were asking for trouble sleeping somewhere as silly as the large bedroom. So being attacked and killed really shouldn't came as a surprise.

You might be new, but you have had more than one muser so far and these things hopefully will make you learn from your mistakes.

And yes you could play PP, infact I'd advise it if losing your persona is that bad to you and you genuinely just want to play and get a feel for the game, PPs are PERFECT for that. Then after you've mastered magic etc on a PP, then move onto a non PP and try it again, you'll probably be able to level up a lot quicker.

But put it down to experience, this death taught you to sleep in places that are hard to find and not obvious places which just make PKs drool!

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Popculturemonkey
friar

Posted: 01-09-2002 20:42   
Ah, fod it. I got my first Sorc killed by Fruitbat the day after I made it to Sorc.

Summoned. Killed.

It happens. If you're still sleeping som,ewhere stupid like that, maybe it'd be better to spend some time at Super learning a thing or two - That's what I did after my initial desperate rush to get a Muser.

View Profile of Popculturemonkey   Email Popculturemonkey   Goto the website of Popculturemonkey   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 01-09-2002 21:59   
Ah, why bother at all? It's all ultimatly disappointing in the end....(reason why I haven't made wiz yet; or one of them anyway)

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Billygoat
Wizard

Posted: 05-09-2002 09:36   
wow, i got my first sorc killed by fruitbat too! the same reset i made it . we should make a club. dont go pp miath, pps are stupid and boring. just work out how to get points back and not be scared of dying... oh and how not to be killed.

bg

View Profile of Billygoat      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Kurupt
friar

Posted: 10-09-2002 12:59   
Quote:

On 01-09-2002 21:59, Theman wrote:
Ah, why bother at all? It's all ultimatly disappointing in the end....(reason why I haven't made wiz yet; or one of them anyway)

Cynical post of the year award.

View Profile of Kurupt      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seamus
friar

Posted: 13-09-2002 17:57   
Quote:

On 05-09-2002 09:36, Billygoat wrote:
wow, i got my first sorc killed by fruitbat too! the same reset i made it . we should make a club. dont go pp miath, pps are stupid and boring. just work out how to get points back and not be scared of dying... oh and how not to be killed.

bg

What a surprise, my first sorc got killed by Fruitbat as well

Small world

View Profile of Seamus   Goto the website of Seamus   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Theman
cleric

Posted: 22-09-2002 12:11   
Or are the people just very large?

View Profile of Theman   Email Theman      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 16-02-2003 10:43   
Miath.. I know this is a few month old already. but for the benefit of others..

Couple of tips:

1. play with FightBrief on!
2. like Shantigh said, sleeping in the Large Bedroom is not a good idea! If you're going to sleep somewhere accessable (hint hint) then at least pick somewhere with a non-unique name.
3. Expect to be attacked at all times. Not only will it make you feel grateful for all the times no-one does jump you, it will make you much more alert and aware as to what you are doing.
4. I don't believe that co-existing really works with highlifes. At least it feels unnatural to me. Take the initiative and kill them first. Or at least consider the possibility very frequently.

goodluck
havoc

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 14-04-2003 14:11   
Fruitbat is the man! ;-)

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.