[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » xxxx kicks my ass
Author xxxx kicks my ass
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 19-06-2003 19:01   
You know who you are..

I just think it's sad that you have to bash newbies. Should have some work done on your number pad function keys though. N.QN, NE.QN, E.QN etc. function keys are just a little outdated..

PS Drinking vials on the draggy isle will never work. But I guess you knew that already..
PPS SuperBrief will cut down on all those verbose room descriptions.
PPPS Happy slaying. Give it long enough, I'm sure you'll bag a few newbie sorcs. When you do you can pat yourself on the back from me. I love newbie slaying, just for the challenge of it..

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 20-06-2003 09:24   
Newbie slaying is pretty low, and is probably one of the reasons a lot of newbies dont hang around too long, from personal experience I know it was the major reason my better half Siren/Engel stopped playing after only a few weeks.

Maybe some of the problem is that when a new persona name pops into the land a PKer or nervous player doesnt know whether the name belongs to a disguised oldbie pker or newbie.

With an influx of new players recently would it be better if players stuck a little more to recognisable names, so this excuse could not be used.

In any event I am sure the Wizs if they know about any newbie slayers are swift to address the balance, and restore a little justice, and if not the wizs, then some of the more experienced high life players, hell even as an oldish low life I would give it a go.

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Havoc
pioneer

Posted: 20-06-2003 10:17   
Quote:

Maybe some of the problem is that when a new persona name pops into the land a PKer or nervous player doesnt know whether the name belongs to a disguised oldbie pker or newbie.

With an influx of new players recently would it be better if players stuck a little more to recognisable names, so this excuse could not be used.

No excuses are being made. I don't think anyone's openly complaining either. A tough batch of newbies perhaps?

I suspect that the situation is that for someone new to killing it's more thrilling to actually achieve something. And again, when you're new to killing it's only the soft targets that you're going to have any luck with.

So, on the whole, I don't think it's such a good thing. I hear comments like "he just won't let me play .. every time I end up fleeing to him".

On the flip side, if these newbies learn to deal with it, then it's a valuable lesson learned for them for the future.

[ This Message was edited by: Malbery on 20-06-2003 10:18 ]

View Profile of Havoc      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Gothik
cabalist

Posted: 20-06-2003 11:17   
Agreed if newer players can deal with this "possible" newbie bashing then it is a valuable lesson, but it could be argued an advanced one...

I guess my point was that,the tougher/determined newer players may benefit, but at the expense of the less persistent newbies who may not be vocal or complain, but just vote with their feet.

^.^

View Profile of Gothik   Email Gothik      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 25-06-2003 17:13   
Of course.... they could always vow if it's really that big a problem. As much as folk look down on it, if you don't want to be attacked and all you want to do is wander the land and mess around, then why not vow... it's not as if you are wiz-running.

Then when you feel more competent in playing, play as an unvowed character and get used to the attacks. As much as people always used to slag the vowed players, it did have it's plus points.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.