[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » OLD wpmud2 client
Author OLD wpmud2 client
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 08-12-2003 22:54   
Hi, does anyone have a copy of the old wpmud2 client that they can send me or post a link or something...
Also does anyone know how to get the seperate images out of it... prahaps for reuse in an updated client

Cheers in advance
Pip/Huff

View Profile of Huff   Email Huff   Goto the website of Huff   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 17-12-2003 18:32   
I do have it, on my old computer. Unfortunately, the old computer is kinda grumpy, bit of old age and losing it's memory... but I might be able to get it online long enough to get the files off it.

However, you'll probably find that you can't just steal the work that was put into that client and would require written permission from the person who made it before you used any images from the file.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 19-12-2003 19:53   
I have considered that, the best option I have thought of is to somehow reference the images from the old client within the new client.... eg just install the old client, install the new client, run a piece of software that somehow 'maps or references' the old images into the new client.
Then no copyrights have been infringed.

Pip/Huff

View Profile of Huff   Email Huff   Goto the website of Huff   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Richard
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 28-12-2003 11:08   
Quote:

On 19-12-2003 19:53, Huff wrote:
Then no copyrights have been infringed.

A simpler way is to ask the copyright holder. MUSE Ltd's 2001 settlement with Gameplay transferred to MUSE "full and undisputed ownership of the latest version of the MUD2 computer game, including all accrued rights and obligations". As the original WP client was still supported by MUD2, this would make it part of the "latest version" of the game, and therefore MUSE's property.

If you want to use the imagery from the original WP client in a new MUD2 client, or to hack the client some other way to get it to work with MUD2, feel free.

Richard

View Profile of Richard      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Maxmage
cabalist

Posted: 28-12-2003 13:00   
:remembers f1 and its nice font fondly, no matter how impractical it was.

Just what was that font, anyway?

Maxmage

P.S. A bit late, but a very merry Christmas and an equally drunken New Year to you all.

View Profile of Maxmage      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Huff
cabalist

Posted: 28-12-2003 13:03   
Ah sorry Richard, Didn't realise that.

I kept getting told by other people that 'the source code is gone for good' and 'gameplay(or wireplay) still owned the (c)'s to the client' and that 'nobody knew who was dealing with it'

Will do just that

Happy New Year all
Huff/Pippin/Nick

Richard
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 29-12-2003 09:41   
Quote:

On 28-12-2003 13:03, Huff wrote:
I kept getting told by other people that 'the source code is gone for good'

The source code IS gone for good; I tried to get hold of it while at Gameplay but they'd lost it and the people who had written it originally hadn't kept it either.

Richard

View Profile of Richard      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.