[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Pre-Chat Thread
Author Pre-Chat Thread
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 31-01-2005 18:18   
In my eyes, if this chat is going to achieve anything whatsoever, it would probably be best if before hand people perhaps talked about what they feel is wrong and at least clarify to themselves and others what is wrong, so that when we get together as a group we can make progress rather than bang our heads off the tearoom tables.

In other words - if we have an agenda, we are more likely to get places other than going in blind. So - what's your view?

Visit My Krypt...

[ This Message was edited by: Shantigh on 31-01-2005 18:18 ]

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Cradle
cleric

Posted: 31-01-2005 20:30   
My view is, many people will discuss there problems in mud but how many issues will be resolved?

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 31-01-2005 23:32   
If before hand we can present coherant problems in a way that doesn't waste time and digress we probably have a better chance of solving things - or at least moving towards solving things, rather than we go in, we all say the same things, digress, lose the point and end up walking in circles and banging our heads off tables. It makes life much simpler if we can before hand work out what needs to be discussed.

View Profile of Shantigh   Email Shantigh   Goto the website of Shantigh   ICQ status             Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 31-01-2005 23:40   
Issues in my mind:

1. Lack of new players

Word of mouth is no longer enough. In mind, advertising of some sort is needed. I have more on this later.

2. Lack of wiz involvement in anything other than PKing (Hawumph and occasionally Turrican excused).

And I don't mean events. I mean just participating in the community. I.e. being visible and talking to mortals... ever.

~Crowley

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 31-01-2005 23:54   
- Lack of variables, excitement.
----> With such few players, playing alone reset after reset is boring. Something to spice the game up, variables within the land or things on that line of thinking. Just changes, something to revive the game.

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 01-02-2005 00:07   
Also - as well as looking at issues, I think we all have to examine what we want to get from the game, as that will probably show a few sources of unhappiness in regards to gameplay, what is it we want, but can't get. Even small, seemingly petty things are likely to p*ss people off enough to upset their entire gameplay, and these are also issues that have to be addressed if we want to reach a happy place (which doesn't involve an AK and a few grenades... *cough*)

Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 01-02-2005 01:19   
Quote:
Lack of variables, excitement.
----> With such few players, playing alone reset after reset is boring

Gotta disagree with you there

View Profile of Crowley   Email Crowley   ICQ status         Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tzunami
cabalist

Posted: 01-02-2005 07:38   
Yeas.

What mud needs is some kind of yu-gi-uh style mind controlling flicker...

YOU KILLED THE DRAGON!!!

*flicker, flicker, flicker*.

OH NOES!!1... I KNOW WANTS TO PLAYES HTE MUD EVERYIES SINGLES DAYSIES!!11.

View Profile of Tzunami      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Shantigh
friar

Posted: 01-02-2005 18:17   
Quote:

On 01-02-2005 01:19, Halen wrote:
Quote:

For me, and some others it is. It's meant to be a multiplayer game, playing it alone consistently just isn't the same. I don't mind the odd reset alone, but I much prefer having someone to play with...

Cradle
cleric

Posted: 01-02-2005 18:56   
Im not a old player of mud like the rest of you but when i did join mud there was a nice amount of players on a set.

When i was new there was a nice amount of people to ask for help i got some advice from players and i got better and better.
Ok i didnt get alot of advice but there was highlives out there helping me along, nowdays there is a lack of this highlives i mean well atleast mortal ones anyway and if i was new and there was no player help i would be lost and think ok what the hell is all this typing banter i will quit this game and try somthing else.

I think we need a more helpfull enviroment or better yet a peacefull one.

View Profile of Cradle   Email Cradle      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crowley
pioneer

Posted: 01-02-2005 19:48   
Quote:

On 01-02-2005 18:17, Shantigh wrote:
Quote:

On 01-02-2005 01:19, Halen wrote:
Quote:

For me, and some others it is. It's meant to be a multiplayer game, playing it alone consistently just isn't the same. I don't mind the odd reset alone, but I much prefer having someone to play with...

Well, that's not what you said. You said the problem was the game never changed. I agree the problem is not enough people, the problem is NOT the supposed lack of variety in the game itself.

People aren't coming to the game not because it's not a good game, but because they simply don't KNOW about it.

Shantigh
friar

Posted: 01-02-2005 19:53   
Quote:

Well, that's not what you said. You said the problem was the game never changed. I agree the problem is not enough people, the problem is NOT the supposed lack of variety in the game itself.

People aren't coming to the game not because it's not a good game, but because they simply don't KNOW about it.

That's another issue - you are right - I do feel that changes to the game wouldn't hurt the game, it would be a way to entice older players back to see the changes. Admittedly it would unlikely do a great deal to attract new players - but then again, it would show that the game is active.

But for what could be added - I don't know. I talked with Turrican and Laura last year on this topic, and the ideas were more along the line of new tasks, changing things to make things interesting - but you then have the issue that current players are not going to enjoy changes - lol.

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.