[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash 04/07
Author Last Night's Bash 04/07
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-07-2008 10:21   
BASH-CAPTAIN?S REPORT

That?s right Captain. I?ve been demoted. That?s a drop of seven levels (out of eleven) of military rank. You voted for a General and you got a Captain. Same job. Same pay. Less kudos. I wonder who I upset.

Anyway let?s get on with the subject in hand: Last Night?s Bash.

I bet those who did not survive don?t think so, but for the rest of us it was a great evening.

It was good to see JB back in the tea room at the start. He started off as Swordsman and ended up Superhero. Not bad for one set.

We started off with an SV of 161. I counted seven visible players though two were in the Tea Room and there was at least one invisible one. (Hal and Paine both came in later like the 7th Cavalry at Wounded Knee when they were really needed.) We had to kill at the rate of about one every minute and a half. We were falling short of this rate. Also the Pag and the Giants?, neither the easiest areas in the Land, were both open. Soon Icarium and Leak came in swelling our numbers. Things sped up a bit.

Very soon however there was a bit of unpleasantness from sk1 who somehow had the dagger. Tomtom and Zedar were doing their best to sort him out at Stony Beach. I joined in. But soon had to do my first flee of the evening. During recovery, I did a quick obit and saw that not only had Spannerama, a sorceress, already fallen to the sk but Icarium had been killed by seven apes. This was a disaster. I felt for them both. We have probably all done what Icarium did at one time, I know I have, forgotten to put the all important qualification on the end of the command. Faced with this situation I feel the only thing to do is to flee at once regardless of cost.

I wanted to avenge Spannerama but still needed to recover some more. I kept on being woken up by reports on Sk1?s value. First 1,492; then 1,515; then 1.561. What was going on? I did a quick scan and could see sk1 dangerously close to me just SW, with Zedar. Foolishly on the supposition that sk1 was probably weak and wanting to get some of my points back before Zedar finally polished him off, I went SW and joined in on a stam of 65. Only to be followed shortly by my second flee of the evening. It was this disaster enfolding that brought Hal to our rescue. He organised a team and sk1 was at last dispatched at a value of 1,752.

Paine also came in and I was grateful for that. We now had a very good chance of pulling it off.

The next bits of fun were the apes and the dwarfs. Both needed sorting out with some urgency. Leak and I, like babes in the Wood, decided to sort out the dwarfs. We attacked three dwarfs at once. That seems reasonable. But as soon as one died it was replaced by another. In the end we fought seven in stages. I succeeded in my third flee but Leak, sadly, left it a little too late. I also noticed that Icarium was having a bad night. He had come back into the game and had been killed by giants several times.

We were now half way through the game, more or less, with 55 minutes into the game and an SV of 99. With about 50 minutes left that meant 2 a minute. It was more than possible if we could speed things up just a little.

Jamesbond, (the Dragon Killer) with a little help, mopped up the remaining dwarfs and we were well on track. Svetlana now a superheroine helped me with sk2. He?s not in the same class as sk1, I was pleased to find out.

Jamesbond and I acc?d Hal and under his lead finished off all the giants. The sea life came next and, as there was a shortage of boats, I left them and went on to the bees. I did quite a few and then met Overkill doing them also. Soon there were none left.

The sea life done, we were on to a winner and by the time we were into nine minutes of extra time, there was only one mobile left.

That?s when it started to go wrong. We all wh?d just about everything. I went through a printed list (certainly not a definitive one) of mobs. At one time I had to stop as my magic was down to ten. Later Hal told me his went down to one.

And so it ended with one mobile left. But if there was ever a moral victory, this was surely it. And the mobile? Goblin21under the Giants? Chair. I ask you hiding from us like that! Personally I blame Blib.

Here is the obit:

The following players have died in fights this reset:

Leak the sorcerer, killed by the dwarf,
Icarium the protector, killed by 2 giants,
Icarium the swordsman, killed by 2 giants,
Icarium the hero, killed by 2 giants,
Zedar the warrior, killed by the skeleton,
Zedar the protector, killed by the skeleton (3 times),
Zedar the swordsman, killed by the skeleton,
Spannerama the sorceress, killed by the skeleton,
Icarium the superhero, killed by the ape and 6 apes.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-07-2008 10:29 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-07-2008 10:35 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-07-2008 13:34 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 04-07-2008 13:36 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-07-2008 13:16   
Great write up again, Roy.

JB

[ This Message was edited by: Magician on 04-07-2008 13:16 ]

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 04-07-2008 13:38   
Silly me. It was a Goblin left over not a Giant. Report Edited.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 04-07-2008 15:46   
Quote:

On 04-07-2008 10:21, royston wrote:
Personally I blame Blib.

That's a bit harsh.

While you lot were losing the bash, I was in the West End watching a rather crap play at the Duke Of York theatre!

O.K..........it's my fault.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 04-07-2008 23:42   
Did he make to the top of the hill and back down again?

...never mind

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 08-07-2008 18:29   
Good report :>

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.