[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Meet
Author Meet
Jincks
protector

Posted: 19-10-2008 02:06   
Just wanted to say how nice it was to see some old faces as well meeting the new ones at the meet.

Sorry I couldn't stay longer but I was pleased to be able to come along at all as I was fully expecting to miss out!

Hopefully it won't be as long before I see some of you again, hope the quiz and the rest of the evening went well!

Jincks

[ This Message was edited by: Jincks on 19-10-2008 02:07 ]

View Profile of Jincks   Email Jincks      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 19-10-2008 11:45   
Yeah it was a great meet.

Highlights for me were Roy showing us the "breakthrough" in code that allowed sharing of memory, or the "multi-user" element, effectively. Blib and Cenedra were also awestruck at this revelation, however it has been explained to me that AWESTRUCK and BEMUSED are remarkably similar expressions, so who knows.

There were also on display some original logs. I realise now why they are called logs. It is because of the vast number of trees that had to be cut down to produce the listing paper they were printed out on.

And, Crazyfool's quiz. Great fun, masterfully co-ordinated. Nice one CF!!!!!

And of course, the baby dragons!

Good to see some new faces there, and the old ones.

So, who's organising the next one?

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 19-10-2008 16:13   
yes was great fun

/zedar

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Samson
friar

Posted: 19-10-2008 19:39   
Great to see all of you guys and gals!

View Profile of Samson      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 19-10-2008 21:16   
Great meet and very well organised. It was great to see a mixture of old and new faces. Loads of current regulars turned up which was nice.

I now have a very nice HAL magnet on my fridge

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Karya
Arch-Witch

Posted: 19-10-2008 21:39   
Thanks Cenedra for organising a very enjoyable mudmeet! And thank you Crazyfool for the quiz (well done team 2 ).

It was good to catch up with people, and to meet new people. I'm sorry that I didn't get the chance to speak to everyone there.

Foddy and I have took a few photos so I'll add them to Muddled Times along with everyone else's contributions.

View Profile of Karya      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 19-10-2008 22:42   
Yes, an excellent meet. I really enjoyed it.

I'll add some more comments when I've recovered from my cold

[ This Message was edited by: blib on 19-10-2008 23:04 ]

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 20-10-2008 09:22   
As said, another good meet fit for the 30th Anniversary of Mud!

Thanks to all involved, it was fun all round, especially having the co-creators of MUD both present, the historical goodies and the souvenirs.

CF's quiz master style must go down in history .....

Richard has put up some info & pics on QBlog, I'll add a link later as can't get to it from here.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/index.html

Even more info there now!

V

any cake still going ??

[ This Message was edited by: Vulnax on 20-10-2008 09:23 ]

[ This Message was edited by: vulnax on 20-10-2008 19:03 ]

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zordell
cleric

Posted: 20-10-2008 09:57   
Hi everyone,
I am so utterly happy about the weekend, and wanted to thank everyone who came. It was lovely to see you all!

I would like to thank Hal, Foddy and Karya for the beautiful cake which tasted as good as it looked!

Crazyfool- your quiz was absolutely amazing. Everyone enjoyed it, especially your kangaroo dance. You were absolutely on form and had us in stitches. I will scan the quiz and submit it to Karya for Muddled Times, so everyone can enjoy it!

Vulnax- Thanks for getting in touch with people and ensuring our "Mudgods" made it, was a lovely surprise!

Once again thanks to Foddy and Karya for providing the prizes- they are absolutely adorable dragons. My one has top position on my shelf with my Moose from Sweden!
Most likely everyone will see the dragons in the photos in rather dodgy poses lol.

For those who couldn't make it, I hope you will enjoy the writeup(s) submitted and the photos, you were missed I promise

See you in game!

View Profile of Zordell        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 20-10-2008 18:33   
Hi everyone.

Great meet all round! I think its all been said above, but worth saying again...

Thanks to Foddy and Kayra for the fantastic little dragons and the 10,000 pens:-)

Thanks to Hal for the great cake... the Mudii cake wasn't bad either!!!

A big thank you to Cenedra for organising another wonderful event.

As for CF, well, what can you say! <G> Superb quiz, highlight of the day, great fun and very well put together, especially all the actions Thanks CF.

Fantastic to see Richard and Roy there

Shame Blib had to flee the Indian!!! Hope you are feeling better mate.

Fantastic that Gestur & Paula made the trip again.

Thanks to Hawumph for searching through all the logs to find the "jam" incident - I still owe you a beer!

And a big thank you to Hal for the jar of strawberry jam, just to make me feel even worse;-)

A great meet all round, really enjoyed meeting up with everyone.

Bring on the next one

JB

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.