[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 16th April 2009
Author Bash Report 16th April 2009
django
protector

Posted: 17-04-2009 10:38   
BASH REPORT FOR 16TH APRIL 2009

It was all promising at the start. But Xabia was an early casualty falling to the Boar. I am not sure but I think she was the only one who died.

Leak was elected as Bash General. I think he tried to take charge a bit but, as he was given no prefix, no one knew who was doing all the shouting. Leak was deposed and replaced by Xarubbubel. I suspect this may have been because Leak was spending his time in the Tearoom but only CF can be sure of the reasons for overruling the election and imposing his own choice of puppet general. But what is certain was that there were ten players in the game of whom six were in the Tearoom. This was enough to open the Pag but CF very decently cleared the Pag Area of all the mobs.

The bash continued relentlessly, with one player in the Land dropping out, leaving with most of the work undertaken by Darkrogue, help by Richmond, who was doing his bit well as a Non-MU, and of course Xarubbabel who was busy mopping up all the rubbish.

Meanwhile Xrubbabel, taking a short cut across the Pag gardens came upon a tablet and decided it might be useful to read what was written on it. It could not be read as it was, so he picked it up. The effect was immediate and surprising.

On his way back he noticed six players plus CF in the Tearoom.

There was no evidence of any organised teamwork (is there ever?) but the three in there met up by happy accident to deal with the Keep and sort out the dwarfs.

At ten minutes to go there were just ten left, the Sea Life and certainly some bees and possibly the Spider but I cannot be sure.

And thus it ended.

View Profile of django      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 17-04-2009 15:25   
Just filling in a few blanks.. Leak had bash general title but lost it pretty quickly as he was attacked by Darkrogue and retired to the tearoom where he went afk. CF made a new bash general after it was realised he probably wasn't coming back.

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
ilisity
cabalist

Posted: 17-04-2009 19:36   
Suppose this brings us back to the point Roy made many months ago about the bash being a time for us to come together and achieve a goal .

I honestly think that pking in a bash should be disallowed . I can understand why people would want to attack a high level warlock/ mage . Pking detracts from the nature of a bash and in the end makes it less fun .

/leak

[ This Message was edited by: ilisity on 17-04-2009 19:37 ]

View Profile of ilisity      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Tharg
friar

Posted: 17-04-2009 20:41   
I disagree - or at least I think pk-free and pk-allowed bashes are two very different things in terms of the player's experience.

Perhaps pk-free bashes should have 1/2 the rewards? That would be fair, I think.

Plus you / anyone could always play with a PP you know.

View Profile of Tharg      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 17-04-2009 20:50   
Ok.

The problem with stopping pking is that Bash's become way too easy and people use it as an excuse to sneak. If anyone wants different events, as always just post on here.

Cf

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 17-04-2009 21:38   
Thanks Django....

...Royston, this is how a bash report SHOULD be written.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
django
protector

Posted: 18-04-2009 07:24   
Quote:

On 17-04-2009 21:38, blib wrote:

...Royston, this is how a bash report SHOULD be written.

Yeah Royston. Read and learn!

django
protector

Posted: 18-04-2009 07:40   
Quote:

On 17-04-2009 19:36, ilisity wrote:
Suppose this brings us back to the point Roy made many months ago about the bash being a time for us to come together and achieve a goal .

Royston's a sneak. Of course he wants PKing banned during a bash.

blib
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2009 10:42   
Quote:

On 18-04-2009 07:40, django wrote:
Quote:

On 17-04-2009 19:36, ilisity wrote:

Royston's a sneak. Of course he wants PKing banned during a bash.

If Royston is indeed, a sneak, then he's the very worst sneaker ever to grace The Land!!!

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 18-04-2009 11:37   
OI !!

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 18-04-2009 13:46 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Armand
explorer

Posted: 18-04-2009 13:04   
Quote:
Plus you / anyone could always play with a PP you know.

Agreed. The way I see it, if you're playing a bash and care about the points, then pking should be a possibility because no points should come risk-free. And if you don't care about the points and are only in it for the fun, then there's no reason not to play as a PP where you don't have to worry about pking. Paine seems to be doing alright with this concept

View Profile of Armand      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
caboose
cabalist

Posted: 29-04-2009 22:58   
to put it quite simply (cause i am a simple person)
yeah

View Profile of caboose      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.