[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash/Treasure Hunt
Author Last Night's Bash/Treasure Hunt
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-10-2009 16:54   
This was a combined Mobile Bash and Treasure Hunt. The object was to kill ALL the mobiles and swamp ALL the treasure. We had been promised new and evil mobiles and new and valuable Treasure in strange places. We were not disappointed.

It started off more or less on time and I noted my score as 27,107. I was still kitting up and came across Kingcobra fighting a cuddly looking chucky doll. The doll had sword2 and Kingcobra had dagger0. I left them to it . The Staff, as well as the dagger, had gone, so I settled once more for the falchion. There was some confusion over the setting up of the pillar (isn't there always?) and I was on way to the Classical Ruin when there was a cry for help from The Ogre's Lair. On my arrival at the cave, I found Frantic and Keal fighting the Jason. The Jason was armed with a blood-stained machete and was wearing a white hockey mask. I had come across these two items about a week previously on the Vicious Rocks and had regarded them with the deepest suspicion before trying them out. Frantic had the staff. We killed the Jason between us and I grabbed the machete and mask which I soon came to regard as my own. Meanwhile we had missed out on the pillar.

I wandered into the graveyard and into three scarecrows. Two ignored me and left or tried to leave and the other attacked me. There was a shout for help with the bats down the well. But I was busy and everybody else must have been too or recovering because a bell tolled and a zombie resembling Keal materialised before me. The obit showed he had been killed by three bats.

Having killed scarecrow4 I was immediately attacked by scaredrow2. During the fight I was wondering how useful would these scarecrows be up the Keep, were it possible to get them there. I killed scarecrow2 with little difficulty compared to that I had had with No. 4. Scarecrow4 had dropped a sapphire which I valued at 550 points. I lost no time in swamping and found its value had gone up to 555.

There was some disquiet expressed over missing out on the pillar. Without really understanding what was going on I was transported to the Classical Ruin with a few other players where Sabretooth dropped the pillar. That made everyone happy.

Back in the Land I decided to site somewhere deep in the Maze and bumped into scarecrow3 also holding a sapphire. I attacked him at once, got the better of him and grabbed the loot. Sapphire40 was worth 535 points. I picked up the necklace on the way to the swamp and got 160 for that. Meanwhile someone else was having bat trouble. On the way to the well, I considered picking up the cricket bat as I thought this might be the best weapon for 'bats' but decided that was too subtle. The machete worked perfectly well. I killed two more bats.

Kingcobra called me and said he wanted to investigate the Blue Room, he need my help with it. We dealt with a few Goblins, not exactly on the way, but I was accompanying Kingcobra and doing as I was told. Neither of us had a key and doors had to be battered down. I think we killed all the goblins. I needed some rest and King cobra told me to wave the pointer. I did so and found myself safe in the crypt. I sited here for future rests. We went back to the Goblins' lair and I ended up in the Blue Room where in addition to the normal treasure I found two sapphires. I gave one to Kingcobra.

I had a similar feeling about the Doom Room. This was a huge mistake which set in a disastrous chain of events. I had forgotten about the narrow passage into the Crack Room and dropped all I was holding to make my way there and then on to the Doom Room. When I got there I found it empty and all the happened was that I acquired the prefix 'doomed'.

And doomed I was. I had to resite to the Crypt to get out and it was a long way back to pick up my kit. When I got there I found the female Dwarf34 with my kit. My machete and hockey mask. This is the same dwarf I had all that trouble with after the debacle with the Wyvern during the week. I made several attempts to steal the weapon back and eventually she attacked me with it. I fled at 18 stam dropping 667 points. My score was now 29,015. Kingcobra meanwhile attacked her, complaining about how strong she was and I rushed to his assistance below full stam. When I got on scene Kingcobra had gone but Joanofarc was there. We battled away and I fled for a second time at a cost of 653 points. The Dwarf was now valued at 308 points. Back on scene at the Railway Track and on full stam I found the same dwarf who, really wound up by now, attacked me on sight. And here is where things got muddled in the heat of the moment. There was another dwarf there, Dwarf22, who also attacked me and the script was moving so fast up the monitor it did not register. But he died fairly quickly and I thought I had killed Dwarf34 and resited. Or I tried to. The magic sent me to sleep. I got hit to stam 1 and then it was curtains for me, as they say. My final score after killing Dwarf22 was 28,410. So after all that effort I had only scored 683 points.

Back in the Tearoom I got my first 200 in the time-honoured way and Sabretooth doted on me unto Hero. I found myself transported with a few others to the Classical Ruin again where once more the pillar was dropped.

Back in the land I found a female dwarf in the Mausoleum. I stole her pick and killed her with it. Suddenly I came across dwarf 34 again. The red mist came down and I attacked her immediately. Fortunately for me, Sabretooth arrived with a crash of thunder and suddenly the dwarf kept having bouts of sleep and I was emitting all kinds of bright lights. With all this help, I eventually got my revenge gaining me no less than 1,459 points for the kill. Not bad for a female dwarf.

Meanwhile I realised that nearly all the 'normal' treasure was still about and convinced it all had to be swamped I set about doing so, I first went down under the yew where I managed to get myself killed with a silly death, costing me only 153 points, by going west instead of east.

In the Tearoom Sabretooth forced a wafer in my mouth and made me eat it.

In my search for the easy treasure I discovered the attic empty and went on to the Inn and emptied that from top to bottom. I had to break doors down with a pick. I much prefer to use a key. It is a far more elegant solution to locked doors but I wasted a lot of time searching for one that would work. I got the mouse as I went along.

For some reason which I cannot explain, I thought I would look at the maze next, maybe there were some bees left (and everything had to go). I always claim that I can find my way around the maze with the help of my map. But the truth is that I can find my way in easily enough. It's getting out that is the problem, especially after tripping over several tree roots. Sabretooth again came to my rescue and dumped me at the rapids. Meanwhile I had found a bat in the maze and killed it, picking up the green sapphire it dropped.

Next I emptied out the Villa or all its usual stuff and went on to do the Formal Garden and Monastery.

I started in the Chinese House and then went to the Pantheon. After knocking down the door with the pick I went north and straight into the Mother of all Trolls, who wasted no time in setting about me. I am not sure about the others but this Troll knew how to use magic. I kept on falling into a sleep and I was blinded. I shouted for someone to unblind me and I regained my sight. By now my stam was 45 and the Troll only had minor injuries. I knew it was only a question of time for me to flee once more. I made my first flee attempt at 27 but she got me one more blow and my stam went to 14. She blocked me on the way out, and so I did a second flee and quit. The first flee cost me 210 points and the second 205. This was no way to run a business.

Back in the Tearoom Blib declined Sabretooth's offer to go and look at the Troll. Par for the course I suppose.

I tried to interest Kingcobra in the Troll, but she claimed a prior engagement. I wandered about for a bit, pretty aimlessly and found in the Ruin not a silvery cord but an enormous spider holding yet another a sapphire. I ducked out fairly smartly.

Kingcobra called me to help with the icons and I took up position in the Shrine. There was a bit of a mix up in the hut afterwards as Kingcobra gave all 4 icons to Joanofarc. But it was soon sorted out and I got one.

Suddenly it was all over and I swamped my icon after gaining my 3k bonus. I had also somehow picked up the net which I swamped for another 14 points.

My final score was 12.376 needing 424 to get to Champion.

It seems we had dealt with all the mobiles but I am not satisfied that every item of Treasure had been swamped. But I have no real way of knowing.

There is a bit of a postscript: In the tearoom Sabretooth saw how close I was to Champion and doted me up. I then went immediately north where I fell to the Touchstone. It's all a matter of luck and it has been a while since I died to the Stone. So I think I was due. But with yet more doting and hugs I was soon back to Hero.

All in all, it was a thrill from beginning to end. Thanks must go to Sabre for all his hard work in setting it up and for his enthusiastic supervision and encouragement.

[ This Message was edited by: Royston on 02-10-2009 18:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 02-10-2009 21:09 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 02-10-2009 17:14   
Great write up Royston, as usual. Thanks to Sabretooth organising the event. Those who weren't there missed a good night!

I think the only disappointment was Blib showing up

KINGCOBRA

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Magician
cleric

Posted: 02-10-2009 17:16   
I dont think the idea was to swamp ALL the treasure, it was just to find the big value additional items...as well as bashing!

View Profile of Magician   Email Magician      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 02-10-2009 17:54   
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...............

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Sabretooth
Wizard

Posted: 02-10-2009 19:17   
I would like to thank everyone that turned up for last nights Treasure Bash, i had a great time watching everyone taking part in the event, and was good fun to see everyones interaction with the new mobiles i made. A big thank must go to Royston for a great write up once again, i would be happy to run a similar event again as i was very happy with the good turn out we had.

View Profile of Sabretooth      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
digriz
protector

Posted: 02-10-2009 20:32   
Quote:

On 02-10-2009 16:54, royston wrote:
My final score was 3.687 needing 424 to get to Champion.

Erm, misprint? Or my math bad - score 3687 but need 424 for champ ( at 12800 ) ?? Even if got 3687 after Hero level = 6887 ) so around 5513 points for champ?
I prob read wrong

Good write up, keep em coming.

James

[ This Message was edited by: digriz on 02-10-2009 20:53 ]

View Profile of digriz      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 02-10-2009 20:51   
Quote:

but I am not satisfied that every item of Treasure had been swamped. But I have no real way of knowing.

Roy

Ask the wiz for amount / no. T left?

When we had treasure bashes in the past there was a command like SV for the number of bits of treasure, I think including trinkets, that were left - I **Think** it was TSV or similar.

I guess it was set up specially by the wiz running the event, but was useful.

IIRC there were over 650 bits of T .. and we got down to around 30 odd... but I've probably got the numbers wrong....

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 02-10-2009 21:08   
Quote:

On 02-10-2009 20:32, digriz wrote:
Quote:

My final score was 3.687 needing 424 to get to Champion.

Erm, misprint? Or my math bad - score 3687 but need 424 for champ ( at 12800 ) ?? Even if got 3687 after Hero level = 6887 ) so around 5513 points for champ?
I prob read wrong

Good write up, keep em coming.

James

[ This Message was edited by: digriz on 02-10-2009 20:53 ]

I do not know where 3,687 came from. Looking at the log, my score at that time 12,376. I will edit the original. Thank you for pointing it out. It's pleasing that someone reads what I write so carefully!

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 02-10-2009 21:12 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.