[New Topic]   [Reply]
[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Last Night's Bash (21/1/10)
Author Last Night's Bash (21/1/10)
royston
ranger

Posted: 22-01-2010 12:09   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 21ST January 2010

There was an Ancient Roman flavour to the evening with Spartacus The Sorceress (surely that should have been Spartaca - but never mind) and Dexter the Warlock. We were later ably helped by Buckrogers the Sorcerer. Also present were Crazyfool the Wizard and Foddy the Arch Wizard and later on Karya the Arch Witch joined us.

I started off with the Goblins while Spartacus set up the pillar.

After the Goblins come the rats, in the normal run of things. But I found Spartacus, who had been voted to be in charge for the evening and given the pre-fix ?bash-moonwalker?, ahead of me. He was seemingly fighting all the rats at once, including R0. We vied for who should go on and deal with the dragon. At least, Spartacus vied and I gladly let him get on with it while I went on to the Formal Gardens. At this stage there were 77 mobiles alive with 73 minutes left, which was promising at this early stage.

After a while, I disappeared down the well and then went on to the North Mountain where I eventually declared that ?all done?.

This all took some time and meanwhile Spartacus and Dexter had teamed up and killed all the dwarfs.

Things progressed steadily and the sv gradually reduced until there was only one with 26 minutes of play left. I have never been in a position this promising before. It all seemed virtually over. But now the difficulties started. I went through my list of mobiles; one by one. Others did the same I suppose, without identifying the one mobile left.

Suddenly the sv doubled to two. After a lot of searching Spartacus found a Marmot on the North Mountain (which I had previously declared as ?done?). Suddenly it was indeed over with all the mobiles dead and a good margin of time left. It appears that the other mobile was the alligator. I do not know who dispatched that. Nor do I know how the count increased from one to two right at the end. I assume that some mobiles are programmed to appear later. But naturally we all blamed Bliz who had been lurking and watching in the Tearoom for some time.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 22-01-2010 12:20 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Zalagar
pioneer

Posted: 22-01-2010 14:32   
Congrats on a successful bash. Sounds like it was a great one, given who showed up and all. I didn't know Foddy and Karya appeared at bashes these days, unless they were special 'themed' bashes (i.e. Easter and Halloween-themed bashes and such).

View Profile of Zalagar      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 22-01-2010 17:19   
I think that they wanted to be close to me.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-01-2010 17:26   
Quote:

On 22-01-2010 17:19, blib wrote:
I think that they wanted to be close to me.

They obviously have stood upwind in the past then!

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Turrican
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 22-01-2010 19:49   
No no, Blib was clearly hoping to catch one of my rare appearances...

View Profile of Turrican      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Crazyfool
Wizard

Posted: 22-01-2010 20:46   
Turrican appearing on Mud and Hawumph getting it on have so many parallels......

View Profile of Crazyfool      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.