[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Bash Report 24/03/2011-
Author Bash Report 24/03/2011-
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-03-2011 11:27   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 24TH MARCH 2011

I am not going to enjoy writing this report of my activities last night. I usually do. I had all the same computer problems as last week, changing computers mid-game and leaving myself with a log for only the very start of the game. But the game itself did not go at all well for me either, and in addition I was suffering from line lag rather badly.

During the early part of the set I must have fled at least six times on roundabout 20 stamina. This cost me about 6 or 7K in points. Twice I fled from Goblins, just in the nick of time. Gaia killed the big point mobile (the dragon) which I was hoping for. I forget which mobiles I did kill. Certainly the Watersnakes and the Pony and Snowbird but I also managed most of the Formal Garden stuff, fleeing once from the stag.

Gaia left the game, informing me that only the remaining Dwarfs were the Surlies and the Hefties. I did however bump into one Stocky Dwarf (not a guard) on the way in, who was quickly dealt with. I managed to overcome all three Hefties on about six stam as the line lag set in. But I was not so lucky with the Surlies. It went something like this:

Stam: about 15; Flee: Nothing happened; Flee: Nothing happened; Flee: Nothing happened; Surly hits me for 16+: Dead-dead.

I thought I had killed two of the Surlies but it appeared later that all three were still alive. Once again I was back to Zero and once again back to Novice.

Nothing much happened after that. I cannot remember how many mobiles were left at the end but there were a fair few.

I am going to pack up MUD until I can find a way of using the Clio Client on Windows 7 whereby I can save a log. So if that does not happen by next Thursday, I will not be playing. Sorry. On the subject of apology: Lordlucan apologises for missing last Saturday?s Sorcwar. I have no excuse; I was watching TV and forgot! This happens as you get older. He won?t be there this Saturday either. Apart from what I have said above, I have a r.l. family commitment.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 25-03-2011 11:31 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Hawumph
Arch-Wizard

Posted: 25-03-2011 14:34   
Royston

Does Clio not log at all for you on Windows 7? If so, try editing your batch file (mudii.co.uk.bat probably in the clio directory) to read something like

clio /H 212.187.255.136

instead of

clio /H mudii.co.uk

Basically use the IP address instead of the hostname.

Hope that helps, and remember, it will log into a sub-directory called 212.187.255.136, not mudii.co.uk

Let me know how that goes for you.

Haw

How 'bout them transparent dangling carrots? It's not fair to deny me, the cross-eyed bear that you gave to me. You otter know!!!

View Profile of Hawumph   Email Hawumph   Goto the website of Hawumph      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-03-2011 15:28   
Haw,

Thank you for that info. No luck I'm afraid. It denies me access (even in Admin user) to save the text file as amended. (I suspect it's me doing something wrong).

I have found out that Windows 7 has an XP mode but it only works in Windows 7 Professional or Ultimate. I have only Windows 7 Home Premium. I have sent off for the upgrade. I hope that works as it cost me ?30+.

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
blib
explorer

Posted: 25-03-2011 20:16   
I sincerely hope that you get your computer issues sorted as soon as possible, Royston. MUD is a quieter and a lesser place without your presence.

View Profile of blib   Email blib      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 25-03-2011 22:56   
Thank you for your kind comments Blib. However I mus say: snidey I can take; it's sincerity that I find difficult.

Vulnax
explorer

Posted: 25-03-2011 23:10   
The author sent me this when I tried clio 1.8 on vista ...

Hi Vulnax,

I'm afraid I don't currently have access to a Vista system to test Clio on, so I can only guess...

I have heard that Vista does not allow DOS applications to run in full screen mode by pressing ALT-ENTER.

I've also heard that you can use DOSBox (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DOSBox) to get around this, but I've never tried it, and so have no idea if it would work with Clio.

If you feel like giving it a go, I'd been interested to hear if it works.

Ian.

I think Haw followed up with command line setting of the batch script to make a certain sized window.

But I have no idea on the logging... unless Haw's latest offering above does work?

I would have thought there is something in the compatibility mode to allowthis?
Hope your upgrade allows better XP emulation!

V

View Profile of Vulnax   Goto the website of Vulnax        Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.